HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:35 PM
Moderador.
guadalajara, jalisco, mexico
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Discussion
The micro Bf-109 with a special history

Today I receive an special plane, the Plantraco Bf-109. Is special nt only because I wanted one of them since many tima ago... but becasue this small plane came from the family of the late Jorge Cohen... my frien pased away few months ago.

Jorge Cohen was an avid micro planes modeler. He lived in San Luis Potosi, México, but some times he traveled to the micro and indoor festival in USA and he talked with some micro modelers gurues in USA, as John Worth.

Jorge´s family sold some of his planes and I have now the fortune to get his Bf-109... a lovely way to remember a good friend.

Cheers.

Al
Alfredo Rubio is offline Find More Posts by Alfredo Rubio
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:50 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,455 Posts
thats a very bittersweet story Alfredo, sorry to hear about that.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:56 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Today I flew the 109, and the plane have some special flight tendencies, the plane flies fin in open turns, but in tight turns or stall it spins!!!!!

Some of you had the same experience?
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:10 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredo Rubio View Post
Today I flew the 109, and the plane have some special flight tendencies, the plane flies fin in open turns, but in tight turns or stall it spins!!!!!

Some of you had the same experience?
Try to make your turns by blipping the rudder repeatedly, letting it recover in between. That tends to flatten the tendency to drop off on the inside wing.

If you think about what's happening, without ailerons, the rudder-only turns produces a "corkscrew" effect. Also, add a little up elevator (if it's 3-channel).
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:32 PM
Moderador.
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Thanks, nop, it is 2 channels. I avoid that effect in another planes reducing down thrust, or adding washout. But the washout in micro 109 is no solution, I tried and became a no control plane!!!