HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2003, 03:36 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,546 Posts
Yippee!
Thermal Hobie Hawk, meet SLOPE Hobie hawk...

Here is one of my winter projects...

The larger hawk is a "SuperHawk" - a large version of the Hobie Hawk - 11 inch longer fuse, larger rudder and a 10 foot wingspan with SD-7037 airfoil. This is my THERMAL flyer.

Now meet a SLOPE Hawk.

It has a stock Hobie Hawk fuse' and tail feathers, but the wings are scaled down in length (not just shortened) to 6 feet instead of the stock 8 feet. It also has an RG-15 airfoil. Empty weight as you see it so far is 28 oz.

Actually all I have to do is cover the wings and install the radio so it should fly soon! I only wish there were more "crunchie friendly" slopes around my neck of the woods!

Anyway, just another winter project...

Cheers!

CJS

http://www.hobiehawk.com
CactusJackSlade is online now Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:31 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,871 Posts
Hawks rule!

Whazzup Brian?
I was afraid, for awhile, that you abandoned the Hawks but now all is right with the world.And Red too!
P.S. You gonna get some shots for that dog?
Stay dry.
Jay.
AirBornOne is online now Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:51 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined May 2002
2,546 Posts
Hey Jay!

Yes, the Hawk tawk still goes on.

I just posted a note on Torrey Pines Gulls asking them for help/input as to whether there could be a Hobie Hawk 30 year anniversary down that way during one of their RES events... We'll see.

The little 6 footer I am actually possibly going to try and make a wingeron ship. I have a fiberglass fuse I could use (easier to work with than the stock plastic polyethylene nose). The 10 foot SuperHawk flys so well! I am also building another one of those... only with spoilers!

Anyway, glad to hear you are still out there!

Brian
CactusJackSlade is online now Find More Posts by CactusJackSlade