Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:10 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Cool
AMA Expo 2013 Photos

This year's AMA Expo was another outstanding event. The attendance was impressive and the vendor/exhibitors area was stimulating. Really? Yes...... You'll be faced with the challenge of what to buy and what can wait as you make multiple trips around the Ontario Convention Center. The Expo gives you the opportunity to directly connect with the people of industry and even watch demos of products soon to be in the market. Sharing the passion for Model Aviation, as well many other RC hobbies is what the AMA Expo is all about. If you've not attended this great event, I encourage you to plan now for next year and we hope to see you there.

Best,
Tony & Evelyn
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 80mm F-86
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:39 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,029 Posts
Thank you for the photos. I appreciate it. I can never get to that show, but I appreciate all the photos that you all take and post. I know it is a lot of work.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:11 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,811 Posts
We're lucky to have this event here in SoCal. Hope to see you next year!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:02 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Orrin-Thank you for your great feedback. We're fortunate to have the Expo in our backyard and shoot photos to hopefully give folks a feel for the event. We always enjoy photos by other RCGroup members from events we're unable to attend. During the past four years, we've been able to kind of give back to the RCGroups family and AMA has been very supportive in this endeavour.

Best Regards,
Tony & Evelyn
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:54 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,029 Posts
I love to look at photos, I call them images, of events. I get to see what other people are building, you got some old school, that is what I call them, modelers out there and it is pretty neat to see what is being built. I look at all the photos for the experience of seeing a show through other people's eyes.

I used to teach photography at a Nature Center, I was one of a number of volunteer instructors who helped people learn to use their cameras and frame their photos. I now use a very cheap old camera that is not a SLR and what I post are from it. My bride uses a Nikon and she is excellent at her craft. I have watched people progress in their image making and how their eyes lit up when they saw how much better they were. I was part of a course that was compared to a college course in photography. Many thought it was better than what the University of Cincinnati taught. There were about 20 volunteers, both professional and very advanced amatures who taught this course. I had my own darkroom and did everything old school, film and prints, not digital like today. Oh my how photography has changed. I still love Black and White photography. I loved to print B&W photos.

Were I full time employed I would have a nice new camera and go to many more events, but that is not the case since I spent my time in the "salt mine" and now I am out of it.

I find it interesting how people view each event. I have looked at all the images posted of this event, that I could find. All are very nice to see. It takes a lot of time to shoot the pictures, post them and add captions. It is a labor of love. I used to write a blog of what happened when the guys in my club met for a flying evening. Of course as the author, I had liberty to emblish some parts of the evening. Many read it, since it went to all club members, only one person ever said thanks, which after 3 years of doing, I stopped, then people asked, why I wasn't doing it, I said, no one said anything except one person. I said it was not worth my time.

So when I see someone, people who I don't know, go to the trouble of doing work that is good and I enjoy it, I say thank you, because I have been there, done that and know that without some form of thanks, even if it is just a simple thank you, you may not do it again. I believe in letting people know, if they did good, then tell them, I may be the only one who thinks so, but if it is important to me, then maybe someone else will appreciate all the work it takes to edit, post, caption the images from a show.

Besides it is really nice to be appreciated. The world beats everyone down in some form, I believe that people need to be appreciated in order to survive the beating from the world that happens each and every day.

So thank you,
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:00 AM. Reason: added thoughts,
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:30 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,811 Posts
Great post, Orrin. A photographer such as yourself will go utterly ga-ga at an AMA expo. That 65% Fokker and the gigantic Hughes racer which was on the cover of the November '11 issue of Model Aviation had to be seen to be believed. The photographic possibilities on just those models were limitless.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:37 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Many thanks for your words. Model aviation has been such a joy and inspiration for me. If I can ignite a passion through photos or personal experiences during my 35+ years in this hobby, then any effort I make is easily worth the time.

All the best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:26 PM
Michigan
Joined Jun 2005
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
This year's AMA Expo was another outstanding event. The attendance was impressive and the vendor/exhibitors area was stimulating. Really? Yes...... You'll be faced with the challenge of what to buy and what can wait as you make multiple trips around the Ontario Convention Center. The Expo gives you the opportunity to directly connect with the people of industry and even watch demos of products soon to be in the market. Sharing the passion for Model Aviation, as well many other RC hobbies is what the AMA Expo is all about. If you've not attended this great event, I encourage you to plan now for next year and we hope to see you there.

Best,
Tony & Evelyn
Hey Tony, very nice photo's.

Curious, the A-7 pics. Was that a plane that was on display or was it for sale? It looks like a Jet Hobby Hanger A-7?

Thanks,

Dennis
DForbes is offline Find More Posts by DForbes
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:06 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Hey Dennis,

The A-7 was on display. I took several photos of this model at the Best of the West Jet Rally last October.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:00 PM
Michigan
Joined Jun 2005
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Hey Dennis,

The A-7 was on display. I took several photos of this model at the Best of the West Jet Rally last October.

Best,
Tony
Nice photo's but do you know who makes it?

Thanks,

Dennis
DForbes is offline Find More Posts by DForbes