HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:17 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,321 Posts
Cool
Hobby King Auto-G Autogyro

Here's the Auto-G from Hobby King. I've been flying this great autogyro for three months now and I love it. If you're looking for something different yet challenging to fly, get an Auto-G. Dave Herbert's (Nightflyyer) videos on YouTube sold me. I've been hand launching mine and it's works out great, just make sure the rotor speed is up.

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:22 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Hand launch sounds interesting. I've got one of those and have been able to fly it but take off was quite a challenge, it kept veering to the left and I had to use a lot of rudder to be able to take off.

Once I got it in the air I had a blast with it.

Do you have to run to hand launch?
tobermei is online now Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:43 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermei View Post
Hand launch sounds interesting. I've got one of those and have been able to fly it but take off was quite a challenge, it kept veering to the left and I had to use a lot of rudder to be able to take off.

Once I got it in the air I had a blast with it.

Do you have to run to hand launch?
Only when it's calm! I prefer to fly it when the wind is 3-5 mph. I get the rotor speed up by holding the nose up, making sure the rotor blades are really spinning fast. Once up to speed, hold the fuselage at approximately a 45 degree angle and when you feel the lift on the rotor as you're stepping into the wind.....she's ready for release. You may have to add a little right roll and rudder after release but nothing like ground takeoffs.

Good luck,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:54 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Thanks, sounds a lot easier.
tobermei is online now Find More Posts by tobermei