HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:05 PM
Joined Aug 2006
153 Posts
Discussion
Charging lipos

There just seems to be so much to know about charging lipos i have so many questions lol. as of now i have a bunch of one cell batterys for my blade mcx2 and mxq when i charge these batterys i have a few settings on my venom pro charger i have lipo charge lipo balance charge and lipo fast charge what one should i use ? also i have a connector for my charger which allows me to charge 4 150ma batterys at once in parallel now if i were to charge this at .6 amp that would be 1C correct ? also i aso have a 2 cell battery for my super cub when im charging that would what charge mode would i use ? Sorry for all the questions i have looked on google and tried to find ancwers but there is just so much info and none really ancwers my questions
insutama is offline Find More Posts by insutama
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:13 AM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
995 Posts
I don't have that charger, so I can't give you real-specific info.

But your mCX2 and mQX use 1 cell (1S) batteries, so there is no need for balancing. On my iCharger, I think I just pick "Charge" rather than "Balance Charge", for my 1S batteries.

Yes, (4) 150mAh batteries in parallel is 0.6A for 1C.

For multi-cell batteries, use "LiPo Balance Charge". For multi-cell packs, always connect both sets of leads to the charger, the main discharge leads (2 wires, red and white), and the balance leads (# of wires is the # of cells, plus 1. A 2S pack has 3 balance wires). That way the charger can charge it through the main leads, and monitor each cell through the balance leads.

This is a great 1-stop-shopping site for learning about LiPos, charging them, the different connectors, parallel charging, etc.

http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos
RedOctobyr is online now Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:52 PM
Joined Aug 2006
153 Posts
Thanks alot for the reply this helped me lots
insutama is offline Find More Posts by insutama