HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:08 PM
Man Cave Extraordinaire!
A place with a computer, food, and internet.
Joined Oct 2008
11 Posts
Help!
Flaperon Mixer for Elevon?

Hello all!

I have a quick question. I am working on a elevon system for a project. I have figured out how to mix the elevator and aileron systems using my controller however; the project requirements specify that I must use a circuit to mix the signals.

I have a flaperon mixer available and I was wondering if I would be able to utilize this in mixing the elevator and aileron signals. If I can, is there anything I need to be wary of when installing this system?

Thanks for your help!
Jumpshot is offline Find More Posts by Jumpshot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2013, 10:36 AM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jan 2013
234 Posts
Probably a bit late...but what exactly is a "flaperon mixer"? Sounds like exactly the same thing as a delta mixer, except instead of using elevator control for the up/down input, you use the flap input.

I'm going to try this. I'm wary enough to test it out on the ground several times, and in the air quite high.
gsking is offline Find More Posts by gsking
Old Jun 03, 2013, 05:46 PM
Cromer,Norfolk, UK
Joined Nov 2006
2,505 Posts
I'm assuming that you are restricted to creating a mixer which doesn't utilise the transmitter?

I may be able to help, but I'm not sure. Somewhere, I have an old Radio Modeller magazine from 197? which has an article for a mixer, before such things were readily available. If I can find it, and I can't promise, I'll see if I can get it scanned.

Otherwise, the circuit should, in theory, be relatively simple, and indeed, you can do flapperon mixing without a circuit, and simply use Y leads.
MCarlton is offline Find More Posts by MCarlton
Old Jun 09, 2013, 11:28 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2013
93 Posts
let me know if you find a solution
hbelanger is offline Find More Posts by hbelanger