HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DJO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:39 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Alert
Getting Back Into Helis! + Quick Update

Yo everybody -

So after a solid 6-8 months I'm finally going to be getting another heli in the mail very soon! It's the Blade 300X, but without the AR7200BX installed. Since I use a Futaba 8FG for control, I'll be installing the Tarot ZYX-S FBL controller in it with a separate RX. Not going to use an S.Bus RX because those are too pricey, I'm trying to keep the build relatively inexpensive. The heli should be here next Monday and I'll get working on it then, I'm hoping to be able to fly soon but I'm not sure because of the horrible weather lately! I still have to install an RX in my new Binary 900 DLG and maiden that as well...

So this is going to be my 3rd CP heli overall, I've had a HeliMax AXE CPv3 and the mCPX V2 before. So I should do fine with the Blade 300X, I fly helis quite a bit on the simulator as well. I can't wait to get back into 3D heli flying as it is one heck of a lot of fun. Personally I've never actually set up a FBL system before so that's new to me... but it should be lots of fun, it's always good to learn something new. I've been wanting to get a heli for a while now, but overall it was the price that turned me away from them. I got the Blade 300X right here in the classifieds for $130, I ordered an RX and that was $30, and some batteries for $45, also from the same member on here. The Tarot ZYX-S FBL controller I bought from ClubHeli in the USA for $65. In total the build will end up being less than $300 and that makes me happy

Other than that.. yeah I've got the Binary 900 DLG to maiden, and I have to fly a plane on the 8FG for the first time as well! BTW the 8FG is very impressive, I got that also from right here on the classifieds for an epic price as well. In the near future I'm also hoping to upgrade my charging setup, as I'm still using the ECO 6-10 from Hobby King that was $32 and a computer PSU... I've had it for 1 and a 1/2 years now so I'm thinking that sooner or later it's going to start having issues just because it's cheap and getting old! However I haven't had any major issues with it yet, and I'm hoping to upgrade to an iCharger 220w combo or the Hyperion EOS0606i, both of which I've heard excellent news about in general. Recently I've also been building FPV setups for members on here as well and that's taking up a little bit of my time too, but I enjoy doing it.

Over the summer I'm hoping to upgrade to a full 1.5m DLG, and maybe go larger for either a plane or a heli. But I've also been considering a truck as well, so for now what I'm doing next will remain a mystery. I also got out of FPV a while back but would like to get another setup going for myself. Maybe someday! Lots of stuff that I've been wanting to do... but, meh I'll see what I get to and what I can afford, of course, I did just drop nearly $300 on this Blade 300X, but it will be lots of fun!

More updates and videos to come soon on my YouTube channel and on here, so stay tuned!

Happy flying!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:04 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,234 Posts
Sounds great Dan! I'm sure that will be a lot of fun! Did you buy it w/o a receiver in it already? Whats a new Blade 300 go for anyway?

I've been fooling around with helis a lot lately too. I have several FP helis and just bought a new Walkera Master CP heli. They are a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from the planes I always fly!!

Enjoy the 300X, I'll be watching for videos!!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:19 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
Sounds great Dan! I'm sure that will be a lot of fun! Did you buy it w/o a receiver in it already? Whats a new Blade 300 go for anyway?

I've been fooling around with helis a lot lately too. I have several FP helis and just bought a new Walkera Master CP heli. They are a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from the planes I always fly!!

Enjoy the 300X, I'll be watching for videos!!
Yeah I bought it NIB already, from a member on here, but without the RX/FBL controller. If you want it new it's nearly $400 I believe I got it for $130, plus $60 for the FBL controller and $30 for an RX, and maybe a few other things, but that sounds good to me!

And yup helis are a blast, I'll definitely make sure to do lots of videos on the Blade 300X.

Have fun! Happy flying! Spring is on the way!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014