SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Which aircraft for NovaRossi C60F?
Sundowner 50 6 75.00%
Revolver 59" 2 25.00%
Other...please list 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:45 PM
United States, NM, Holloman AFB
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
Discussion
Sundowner 50 or Revolver?

I'm trying to figure out which aircraft I should get for my new NovaRossi C60F engine. I like both of these aircraft but just can't decide; any insite to which one is better and why?
F16DCC is offline Find More Posts by F16DCC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:18 PM
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,712 Posts
Do you want to go fast or do aerobatics? They are two different aircraft designed for two different things.
Alien_Tech is offline Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:41 PM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
They appeared the same-ish to me. I want to do both and from the reviews I've found they can do both. I'm more into aerobatics but I like to go fast too, it's a toss up really.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:53 AM
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
340 Posts
from dimensions and all the only difference would be the wing span 4" and 10 sq in of wing area which would make them just about even. I would say it would boil down to personal preference. Also are you a Hobbico kind of guy or a Horizon kinda guy. Please post your decision as I know I am interested in what you find.
I Marauderer is offline Find More Posts by I Marauderer
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:45 AM
nothing
Joined Jan 2011
933 Posts
I have both planes: The Sundowner is less aerobatic but the speed is impressive. If you like going fast then its the plane for you. I have the Revolver, although I have the Revolver 70 with an OS 1.20ax. It too will go somewhat fast but also has the ability to do a few more aerobatic manuvers. The Sundowner lands fast so take that in to account if your landing area is small. I think you will be happy with either plane, I find myself flying the Revolver more often-so I guess my vote will go for the Revolver!

Good luck!
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:16 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
I don't know much about either Plane but there's a guy at our field that has a Revolver with a 20cc DLE in it and it hauls you know what !!! While he's flying, me and a couple other guys always comment wondering when he's going to rip the wings off.
Dale 813 is offline Find More Posts by Dale 813
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:21 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
SD50 is about as good looking as it comes IMO

Fast as snot too, airframe is good to about 140-150mph. Pilots I have seen that pushed beyond that broke their planes up...
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
I'm leaning more on the Revolver side because it's much cheaper and I save more with tower's dicount codes. However, I'm also looking at a F3A pattern ship to get the full potential out of this engine.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:03 PM
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
340 Posts
Especially if you are a Tower Super Saver. I am a Spextrum/JR type of guy and I never get a deal from Horizon. Their deals are always on something you don't need or they are overstocked on. I need to purchase four new flight packs and i will probably just get my Rx's from Horizon or a local dealer. I use to be able to get some deals on Ebay but that site has had a major increase in prices and almost isn't worth looking on anymore.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:27 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Marauderer View Post
Especially if you are a Tower Super Saver. I am a Spextrum/JR type of guy and I never get a deal from Horizon. Their deals are always on something you don't need or they are overstocked on. I need to purchase four new flight packs and i will probably just get my Rx's from Horizon or a local dealer. I use to be able to get some deals on Ebay but that site has had a major increase in prices and almost isn't worth looking on anymore.
HH is always passing along deals-

E-Flite P-51B $139
E-Flite Scimitar $119
E-Flite Hawker Hurricane $109

JR/Spektrum have "Buy One Get One Free" promotions on Rx....
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:39 PM
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
340 Posts
I understand but, that is not what i am lookinghfor. I need servos, Rx's, switch harnesses, 6V regulators. With Tower they will give me $50 off on $300 and sometimes $60 off on a $300 order as a Super saver Member with free shipping and since I am out of state no tax. Now that offer isn't there every day but it comes along on a regular basis. When you want 12 servos, and 4 of everything else and do not have an unlimited disposable income it makes a difference. I mean I can save $100-$120 on two $300 orders.

Buy one get one free on Rx's I have to check that out. I can't find it on their site. I am on their email for specials list. Do you have the promotional code or has the deal gone by? I will buy Rx's today if I could get that deal.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:42 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
past deals I have seen, like buying tx and getting 2 or 3 free rx's
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:44 PM
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
340 Posts
Well, Darn, I have two TX now and they are JR's a 9503 and an 11X. I have been specifically watching for a special on what I need since Nov 12 and haven't seen a thing. I have seen all you have mentioned but, it is not something I want or need. :-(
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Oct 2007
86 Posts
Marauderer, I'm the same as you in this thinking; and if I did have a disposible income like some of the folks on here seem to have I would be putting that towards a real aircraft.

If any of you come across buy one get one free for RX's for Spektrum definitely post that so we can all benifit from it.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:53 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
I really do not keep an eye on the JR/Spek stuff-

im on futaba
RCG Plus Member