SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
27 Posts
Discussion
Centering Servos using a digital pitch gauge.

Hello everyone.

I am a newbie. But I found a neat trick (at least I think so) for using my digital pitch gauge to help set up my collective's servos to exactly 90 degrees.

1) hold the digital pitch gauge (aka the DPG) up against the side of the servo body.
2) Zero the DPG. Now it is aligned with the servo's body.
3) line up the appropriate edge of the DPG with the centerline of the servo arm. The reading shows you how close you are to a perfect 90.

Here's another trick to help make this work.
a) I stuck the tips of two toothpicks (the round kind) through a couple of well separated holes in the servo arm.
b) Next, I laid the shaft of a long hex driver against the toothpick tips. In this way the hex driver' shaft acted like an 'extension' of the centerline of the servo arm.
c) And I was then able to rest the DPG on on the hex driver's shaft.
Though I must admit, my DPG has a magnet, allowing it to cling to the hex driver shaft, making this much less awkward than it sounds.

Comments?
Maybe this has been done before?
Maybe some warnings about the total loss of my Heli because I did this?
SoftSpeaker is offline Find More Posts by SoftSpeaker
to remove ads between posts