SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:41 PM
Joined Jan 2004
356 Posts
Discussion
First Footy, Razor 3

Hi, All. I'm building my first Footy, a Razor 3. I'm taking a break foomr helicopters for a while. And, I want to do this using as much scrap/spare wood and fittings from my spares boxes as I can to keep costs down. I've built the hull out of balsa, and the fin out of a wooden helicopter blade. Keel ballast is an 8 oz. egg sinker, and sail rig is 3mm carbon fiber tube and polyester sheet. Radio is 2.4 GHz Spektrum. I have a few questions.

First, I'm trying to figure out the best arrangement/placement for my servos. I've tried searching for pics of other Razor 3's, but the ones I've found have deviated a little from the basic plans. Can anyone direct me to some pics of a basic servo layout for the Razor 3?

Also, building the sail rig to plans seems like an awfully large sail. The bottom of the sail at 380mm per the free plans comes to 15 inches, so it hangs over both ends at the bow and stern. Is that right? It just seems odd to my noob eyes. And, what's the simplest way to make battens?

What kind of paint do most people use for these little Footys?

Simplest method to secure the hatch water tight?

Thanks,
Mark
gettinout is offline Find More Posts by gettinout
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:26 AM
gp.
gp
South Aust.
Joined Aug 2006
57 Posts
Have you found this site.
http://townsendpdx.com/rc-sailing/razor-3/#
Have a great day
gp. is offline Find More Posts by gp.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:56 AM
Joined Jan 2004
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp. View Post
Have you found this site.
http://townsendpdx.com/rc-sailing/razor-3/#
Have a great day
Thanks! I actually tried linking to that site from another source yesterday or the day before and I got a 404 error. Looking at the website, Mr. Townsend only lives a few miles from me! Just the people I wanted to get in touch with!
gettinout is offline Find More Posts by gettinout
Last edited by gettinout; Feb 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM.