HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:22 AM
United States, FL, Fleming Island
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Discussion
First Kit Build, Guillows 406 - can't figure out where to put some parts

I'm building my first kit, it's a Guillows 406 - Focke Wulf - FW-190, it's been allot of fun so far.

I'm working on the fuselage, and the lack of clear instruction is starting to get bothersome. The instructions state that I will need parts L4 and M1 to complete the fuselage, but do not mention where they go.

I contacted guillows, but apparently because of bad weather on Feb 8th, they will be closed until the 18th...

Should I just leave them out? They look relatively unimportant, but I really don't know. Any ideas would be great, your guess is better than mine.
BagOfSticks is offline Find More Posts by BagOfSticks
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:11 PM
Designing something...
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined Jan 2004
1,714 Posts
Do you have a top view of the fuselage and wings! M1 looks like a fairing between them. Don't have any idea about L4.

Brian
cpdude is offline Find More Posts by cpdude
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:38 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Thanks Brian, I think your right about M1.

Here's a few more pic's. I didn't know if you wanted them stacked or side by side. I have not shaped the leading edge yet(might get to this tomorrow), fuse and wings don't sit flush. Included the elevator and rudder for anyone who want's to see how the whole thing is coming along.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can include that would help.

Cody
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:18 PM
Designing something...
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined Jan 2004
1,714 Posts
Sorry I should have said a view of the plans showing the top of the fuselage and wings.
cpdude is offline Find More Posts by cpdude
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:56 AM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,867 Posts
Look at the plan view of the assembled fuselage. L4 is at the front bottom of the canopy to fill the gap where the plastic meets the fuse. M1 is the wing fillet piece shown at the trailing edge of the wing, it's angled up slightly and is shown in edge view.
Glenn
glewis is online now Find More Posts by glewis
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:46 AM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Thank you Glenn!

I found where M1 is mentioned in the plans, looks like it goes on the bottom trailing edge of the wing and matches up with the fairing and fuse.

I still don't see L4 mentioned anywhere, but it's a perfect fit for the little gap that is left between the canopy and instrument panel.

Back to work
Cody
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:11 PM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,867 Posts
Here you go.
Glenn
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:41 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Wow, defiantly a rookie mistake on my part. Thanks for taking the time to show a few things to a newbie!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:14 PM
Or current resident
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2002
4,867 Posts
Happy to help.
Sometimes no matter how long you stare at the plan, it just isn't clear no matter how obvious. Been there...
Wait until you try one of the big Guillows kits like the B-17.

Glenn