HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:51 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
All I'm saying is there is no possible way you can tell young Koo that you and he have the same problem and that it is not abnormal. From the small amount of information he offered his problem could run the gamut.
Yet you diagnosed him from that same bit of information.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Yet you diagnosed him from that same bit of information.
Actually, I did not. It certainly is one possibility that he has a diagnosable illness.
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:16 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Actually, I did not. It certainly is one possibility that he has a diagnosable illness.
Basically, you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
You can also be smart and depressed. You can be smart and have a mental illness.

I certainly hope you are also seeking help (this is huge, BTW, good for you!) in other, more appropriate places.

But don't let that stop you talking down to others who did no more than you did.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:27 PM
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Basically, you did.



But don't let that stop you talking down to others who did no more than you did.
Gee. Because you say I did I guess I must have.
It's a possibility and a serious one.

Every time an undiagnosed/untreated young man "goes off" and does something untoward there's always the question why no one recognized the warning signs. Yet somehow I'm wrong to state the scary possibility that something more serious than some "pull up your boot straps" advice can fix is going on here.
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:29 PM
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Who'd I talk down to???
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:04 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Koo's Avatar
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Thanks Austin. I can definitely relate to you.
And I'm not here to make a God argument, we can just keep that off the picture to make things more simple even though its the most important thing in my life.

I should probably mention this as well, but I'm living home. Its less than 10 minute bike ride to campus so doesn't make sense to spend $10K living in a dorm when you don't really need to.
And I really don't think I have any other issue than mild ADD.

@D W, I'm just a normal college student who actually is trying to do something about the procrastination, I don't have any other issues.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo View Post
Thanks Austin. I can definitely relate to you.
And I'm not here to make a God argument, we can just keep that off the picture to make things more simple even though its the most important thing in my life.

I should probably mention this as well, but I'm living home. Its less than 10 minute bike ride to campus so doesn't make sense to spend $10K living in a dorm when you don't really need to.
And I really don't think I have any other issue than mild ADD.

@D W, I'm just a normal college student who actually is trying to do something about the procrastination, I don't have any other issues.
That's fine Koo. When I see things like "I just can't live like this anymore" and the term "disorganized" it naturally peaks my concern.

Were you diagnosed with ADD? You mention in the OP that you think you might have it.

I did not leave home for college either. I think this is one of the poorest decisions that I and my folks made about my life.
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:15 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,495 Posts
move out or youll regret not later
EVERY ONE procrastinates in college its just like every one lies about sex
dont worry about it
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:16 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
Koo's Avatar
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
That's fine Koo. When I see things like "I just can't live like this anymore" and the term "disorganized" it naturally peaks my concern.

Were you diagnosed with ADD? You mention in the OP that you think you might have it.

I did not leave home for college either. I think this is one of the poorest decisions that I and my folks made about my life.
I haven't been diagnosed but I show pretty much all signs for it. And I won't be living home next year. My parents are moving back to Finland and I'll either stay here or move back as well but live somewhere else.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:19 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo View Post
I haven't been diagnosed but I show pretty much all signs for it. And I won't be living home next year. My parents are moving back to Finland and I'll either stay here or move back as well but live somewhere else.
I suggest, while you are still living at home, enlist the assistance of your parents in setting rational study goals, as suggested by some others here. See if one or the other can act as a monitor to see if you can stretch a 15 minute focused study session with a 5 minute 'brain break,' into longer, unmonitored sessions. Don't just do it for one day, fail, and quit, but give it an actual try for a week or more. Set a specific time aside for this, and stick to it religiously.

Also, follow up on any medical appointments that you and your parents feel are applicable.


You started good by identifying that you have difficulty focusing on your studies. The next step is for YOU to start to do something about it, whether you use advice from others, or try something of your own. YOU should be the one setting the goals and schedules, so you know that YOU can continue it later in life. Maybe, having strict parents, you relied upon them for the control, and haven't learned it well for yourself. Don't dislike that, but understanding it may help you cope.

Oh, and ignore any advice to 'just have a good time....' I dropped out that way.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Last edited by wrightme; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:21 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,495 Posts
the art of the "all nighter" some thing you just have learn for your self
your not the first and your not going to be the last
again stop worrying and just have a good time
Elios000 is online now Find More Posts by Elios000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:23 PM
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo View Post
I haven't been diagnosed but I show pretty much all signs for it. And I won't be living home next year. My parents are moving back to Finland and I'll either stay here or move back as well but live somewhere else.


How is it a young man who believes he has the signs for ADD has never been diagnosed or treated? Are your folks aware of this concern of yours?
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:24 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
How is it a young man who believes he has the signs for ADD has never been diagnosed or treated? Are your folks aware of this concern of yours?
First question I have is this.


How is it any of your business.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:27 PM
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
First question I have is this.


How is it any of your business.
Gee Wright. What's got you bugged? I didn't ask YOU.

Who'd I talk down to again?
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:30 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Gee Wright. What's got you bugged? I didn't ask YOU.

Who'd I talk down to again?
Nope, I am actually attempting to disengage from you on this.

You seem to have a proclivity for diagnosing mental illness over the internet. it ain't your job.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion looking for 250 rc heli... I think... need help sethck Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 19 Jan 16, 2013 10:15 AM
Help! I think I found the body I want/need.. I need your help to find out what it is Akura2 Motorcycles 23 Aug 06, 2006 01:41 AM
Question Need Help Chossing Heli, Think i want a T-Rex.. Plese read and help.ThX ShuNut Mini Helis 13 Dec 30, 2005 02:38 PM
I think I'm getting an SS but I need help chopper320 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 10 Feb 13, 2003 06:40 PM
Picalo help needed with triming...I think mrtim Electric Heli Talk 1 Sep 08, 2001 01:49 AM