HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:09 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo View Post
This year im a freshman at Miami university and Iv noticed that I can't do almostanything I dont enjoy doing. This is like procrastination on steroids and I can't just live like this any longer. I am extremely smart, have lots of good friends and a strong relationship with God, but I just can't do things I dont enjoy. Im very disorganized and I also might have add. I spend way too much time on youtube and rcg. Anyone has any tips on how to get past this stage of life?
Confusing post - so many contradictions
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:19 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Posted that off an tablet so kind of hard to make it look neat. And I really don't see any contradictions. I was in top 10% of my class, took college classes in high school, and didn't struggle on things that others found confusing. You can be smart and lazy at the same time.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:25 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,044 Posts
Quote:
Posted that off an tablet so kind of hard to make it look neat. And I really don't see any contradictions. I was in top 10% of my class, took college classes in high school, and didn't struggle on things that others found confusing. You can be smart and lazy at the same time.
You can safely file ET's comments under 'wha.....' and move on to responses that actually give advice.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:26 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
You can also be smart and depressed. You can be smart and have a mental illness.

I certainly hope you are also seeking help (this is huge, BTW, good for you!) in other, more appropriate places.
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:38 PM
Koo
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
@ D W, yes I've been talking about this with some of my friends and I'm meeting with someone who has the same problem for lunch this week.

And about your comment about my parents, they used to be very strict about doing work before having fun etc. Since I'm almost 20, they allow me to make my own decisions but still pressure me about all this. And I was actually going to put you on my ignore list but since you can post constructive feedback, you get couple more chances
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:40 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,867 Posts
Quote:
This year im a freshman at Miami university and Iv noticed that I can't do almostanything I dont enjoy doing. This is like procrastination on steroids and I can't just live like this any longer. I am extremely smart, have lots of good friends and a strong relationship with God, but I just can't do things I dont enjoy. Im very disorganized and I also might have add. I spend way too much time on youtube and rcg. Anyone has any tips on how to get past this stage of life?
Your parent are the best source of help... this forum is not where you want to be asking / discussing your VERY personal health issues.

Please contact your family as soon as possible and let them know you are having some concerns, and would like to talk about them.

Best wishes to you... we all have our moments!
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:44 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
@ D W, yes I've been talking about this with some of my friends and I'm meeting with someone who has the same problem for lunch this week.

And about your comment about my parents, they used to be very strict about doing work before having fun etc. Since I'm almost 20, they allow me to make my own decisions but still pressure me about all this. And I was actually going to put you on my ignore list but since you can post constructive feedback, you get couple more chances
Three big smilies meant it was a joke.
Pretty quick on that ignore button. I've yet to use it!
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,208 Posts
I did poorly my first semester in college. I thought perhaps I am not as smart as I think I am. Went to the testing center, took tests, and confirmed I am smart. OK, if I am smart and working hard, why am I doing so poorly? I decided to keep a log book of my activities. I discovered that most of the time I thought I was studying, I was actually goofing off. I started doing timed 15 minutes of concentrated study. Got myself on the Dean's list, found out that I still had plenty of time to goof off, with no guilt.

My father, who was a cowboy all his life, used to say, "If you don't use your head, you just make it hard on your axx." I am in fact lazy, so I plan how to achieve the results I want most efficiently.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:53 PM
supreme being of leisure
Tel Aviv, Israel
Joined Jul 2004
2,609 Posts
Quote:
this:
Quote:
I am extremely smart, have lots of good friends and a strong relationship with God
that god thing is what's holding you down.
ZAGNUT is offline Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:05 PM
drops screws
Iowa City, IA
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
I struggle with a similar issue and I know of many very smart people that have the same "disease." It has not prevented me from a societal definition of success, but it is something I deal with on a personal level every day.

My most recent way of attempting to combat the issue is to be more disciplined not with my work habits, but with my thinking habits. I find that the only things I am interested in obsessively working on are the things I obsessively think about . As soon as I lose that obsessiveness in thinking I lose the obsessiveness in working. The idea is that one follows the other and that it is more useful to tinker upstream with thinking habits rather than downstream with working habits.
billyzelsnack is offline Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:06 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,044 Posts
What happens if you cross the streams?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:10 PM
drops screws
Iowa City, IA
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
Don't cross the streams!
billyzelsnack is offline Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:13 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
What happens if you cross the streams?
Feet get wet?
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:29 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
feet get wet?
Rofl!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:49 PM
Koo
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
@D W Well, we had some disagreements about my parents on another thread I posted about 6 months ago so that's why I posted that response.