HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Discussion
OSD Pro Throttle function not working?

Hi, I purchased the OSD Pro and I have been having an issue with the power output to my motor when I route the servo wire from my receiver to the Throttle In port, and then take the ESC Servo and attach it to the Throttle Out on the OSD Pro. The problem is that in the ~50%-100% throttle range, there seems to be a "power shortage" and the throttle starts wavering in RPMS and starts attenuating (cutting back in RPM and power)...

Everything else with my OSD pro function work (video, ailerons, etc)..but the throttle is what is acting up. I know its the OSD pro because when I choose not to route my ESC through the OSD Pro, I have a perfectly fine Throttle curve with no apparent power outages.

Any ideas?

Thanks
mfische is offline Find More Posts by mfische
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi - sorry to hear about the problem. That's an odd issue!

Normally, when I hear reports of stuttering at high RPM, it turns out to be a bad solder connector on the battery or ESC's connectors, but if you are not seeing it when you bypass the OSD's throttle i/o, that's obviously not it.

One thing to try - if you are using the Guardian stabilizer, go into the readio control menu, and temporarily turn off "Stabilizing/Elevon Mixing". Then, if you can do so safely, try a bench run-up to see if the throttle still wavers.

If you are not using the Guardian, we'll need to look elsewhere.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:25 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
I was able to fix it! Turns out I needed to upgrade my firmware (even though its brand new out of the box). Thanks!
mfische is offline Find More Posts by mfische