HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:00 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2013
33 Posts
Discussion
MSR X motor cut off...?

Hello everyone, tonight something wierd happen with my msr x, after a soft crash the throttle is behaving weird.
Immediately after the crash the motor started running slow, like if it was struggling to spin. I unplugged the battery, inspected it and everything seemed ok. So I tried again and this time it was working fine, but as soon I tried to go from zero to full throttle very quickly the power to the motor gets cut off...
I'm not extremely worried because the little heli still flies well and I never go full throttle so quickly, but I'd like to know what could be the problem. Shall I expect motor failure soon? Or could it be that I damaged the board?
Thank you!
Gian8 is offline Find More Posts by Gian8
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:03 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2013
33 Posts
Mmmm do you guys have no clue or I didn't really express myself? If so sorry english is not my first language!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:17 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,466 Posts
It could be the motor or the speed controller (FET) on the board. But, you might simple try to rebind, just in case.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:09 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2013
33 Posts
I don't know what to think... I rebinded few times with no success, but in the past 10 minutes (after another soft crash) it seems it has magically fixed itself..
Fingers crossed the problem won't present again!
Thanks a lot for your answer mate!