HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by spechty37, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:21 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted
prop 6.8x3.5 or something that will work on my edge540qq

hello looking for prop for my egde 540qq the one that was on it says 6.8x3.5 i dont know enought about rc airplanes to know what else would work so if you have something that will work please let me know thank you
spechty37 is offline Find More Posts by spechty37
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:18 PM
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined May 2011
30 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
I don't have this plane yet, but I have been looking at a lot of reviews online and most people are going to the GWS 7035 prop. Its a 7x3.5 that will give you a few more ounces of thrust over the stock prop. I have had a lot of Horizon Planes and the props are not too good. I always replace them.

Here are a few links to the props online:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GWS-Direct-D...item1c2febc962

http://www.nitroplanes.com/88e-prop-7035.html

I have experience with the GWS props and they are usually pretty well balanced form the factory, but still require some balancing before install. As for the other props from nitro planes, I don't know if they are GWS or not. I don't think they are. They could be good, or they could be so unbalanced that they are junk...I just don't know. If it were me, I would buy the ones off ebay (even though they are orange). Also, if you do not have a prop balancer, BUY ONE. Your plane and wallet will thank you in the long run. Out of balance props are bad news to motor bearing, motor mounts, and airframes. Just spend the few bucks and 5 minutes it takes to balance the prop and you will be very happy with the results.

Your LHS might have some props in stock too.

If you ever have any more questions in the future, do a Google search and I would bet good money that the first 10 results will be from RCGroups. There are a bunch of great guys on there that have the time to tinker and play with their planes until they are perfect (how they should come form the factory) and are generous enough to take the time to post all about what they did so others can do the same. Keep searching, reading, and learning. Good Luck!!!
cchriste is offline Find More Posts by cchriste
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
thank you so much
spechty37 is offline Find More Posts by spechty37