HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:57 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Discussion
best on road drive train?? need help!

I had a losi car before and the freakin spur gear kept stripping. I do not want to be spending hours swapping out pinions and spur gears on any car. out of all the manufacturers, traxxas xo1, your kyosho, ofna, hpi sprint flux......whats the most bullet proof drivetrain that doesn't need too much fixing? assuming your not too hard on the throttle. im sure the belts or shaft drive parts are solid, my concern is the pinion to the gear to the spur/ slipper clutch. and if you do need to swap them which brand is the easiest?

hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:27 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,036 Posts
Did you also adjust the gear mesh properly? And you are using the same module gears. Module defines the teeth spacing, and allthough some gears look compatible, these aren't unless the same module.

If you are looking for a new car, make sure it has a slipper clutch. This will allow the drive train to slip when excessive loads are applied, saving gears.

Btw, please don't cross-post the same question: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1828498
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:55 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,788 Posts
You're going to need to provide more details as to what kind of setup you're running. Unless you're massively over powering a car, or don't have the mesh right you shouldn't be chewing up gears like that.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:37 PM
West Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
13 Posts
All cars require maintenance and repair. Part of the hobby, preventive maintenance and proper setup will reduce the need for repairs but not eliminate them.
fat1 is offline Find More Posts by fat1