HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:32 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
2,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjag View Post
Not to jack your thread and I can deal with it..Is standard and metric hardware...All these things are made in China...Why when you go the hobby shop all they have 2-56 hardware etc...I wish dubro would get with times and offer all that..2mm, 3mm etc...I think some of the evolution or OS engine come with a 1/4-28 nut...why? So I can carry around a bunch of different tools..lets go metric and get with the program..
Du Bro does sell metric stuff.

I don't know why you make a simple situation difficult. Find the sources for what you need, and go buy the stuff.

When you get tired of this, start messing with old English bicycles and learn something called Whitworth.
For centuries, there have been varying standards for screw/screw pitch. It easily overcome in the era of the internet
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Last edited by DustBen; Feb 11, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:44 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
your right...its me...Well Ben, the point it is you have to look all over for it because the local hobby store carries 2-56 and 4-40 for planes made in China that uses the metric system or did that part slip past you...
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:45 PM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla View Post
Aside from the manufacturers themselves, everyone who keeps saying, "Oh, it's not a big deal, you just [insert workaround] and you're fine."

And with that, nothing will ever get fixed.
Ah yes, we're all collectively responsible for corporate malfeasance. Profits are private, but "oopsies" are public. Nice system. What are we supposed to do, boycott every product that doesn't satisfy us, down to the last detail? Good luck with that plan.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:49 PM
Marietta GA.
Joined Jan 2011
332 Posts
there always a couple in every group and I`m not even sure what the last guy said...go argue with someone else...I`m done..enjoy.
mazjag is offline Find More Posts by mazjag
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,146 Posts
Quote:
your right...its me...Well Ben, the point it is you have to look all over for it because the local hobby store carries 2-56 and 4-40 for planes made in China that uses the metric system or did that part slip past you...
You ought to complain... to the LHS, right?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:05 AM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,709 Posts
Quote:
Not to jack your thread and I can deal with it..Is standard and metric hardware...All these things are made in China...Why when you go the hobby shop all they have 2-56 hardware etc...I wish dubro would get with times and offer all that..2mm, 3mm etc...I think some of the evolution or OS engine come with a 1/4-28 nut...why? So I can carry around a bunch of different tools..lets go metric and get with the program..
Quote:

Dubro has metric hardware and has for years, my lhs carries them, why doesnt yours? My wish is that all the mfrs would use decent socket head bolts and screws and dump all the crappy low quality slotted and phillips stuff, but..oh yeah, those are made in china
David Hogue is online now Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:48 AM
Brazil, RS, Porto Alegre
Joined Jul 2003
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btown2 View Post
No standardization of parts.

This is driving me bat crap crazy. Why can't we standardize a few things in this hobby? Why in the year 2013 do I have to physically cut off pieces of my servos to get them to fit into a receiver?

I bought a plane at a swap today. It had Futaba servos installed on it. I got home to find out that my ar600 isnt keyed so if I want to use those servos with it I have to cut off pieces of them. That is just ridiculous.

Please tell me that I can get some sort of converter so that I don't have to damage PERFECTLY GOOD SERVOS.

Try moving to playing chess. It's more standardized, I guess!
ericfly is offline Find More Posts by ericfly
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:20 AM
Joined Dec 2011
2,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfly View Post
Try moving to playing chess. It's more standardized, I guess!
"Checkers" is a more simplified concept. All the pieces are "standardized"
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:48 AM
Thermal Junkie
Joined Sep 2008
3,334 Posts
My biggest isuue in not having the time to build or fly as much as I would like.

That and bubblepacks, I hate bubblepacks.
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:42 AM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
Novi, Michigan, United States
Joined Jan 2001
2,510 Posts
Quote:
Don't start on metric. Why in the world would any one want to use metric when you could use a perfectly logical measurment system based on the length of the king's foot, divided into 12 segments based on the length of his thumb and further divided into binary fractions?

After all, if God had ment man to use a measurement system based on powers of 10, He'd have given us ten fingers!

- Roger
gnofliwr is offline Find More Posts by gnofliwr
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:57 AM
crazyflyer
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
High Priced Junk

What really gets my GOAT is you buy someting that the seller claims is so good. Then after you buy it the first time you fly it it crashes because of the substandard parts they use.
Or if U R lucky some one tells you a story that they had with it, and you need to fix it before you fly it.
I guess we all have had or know someone that this happened too.
1crazyflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1crazyflyer
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:22 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,859 Posts
Quote:

This is driving me bat crap crazy. Why can't we standardize a few things in this hobby? Why in the year 2013 do I have to physically cut off pieces of my servos to get them to fit into a receiver?

I bought a plane at a swap today. It had Futaba servos installed on it. I got home to find out that my ar600 isnt keyed so if I want to use those servos with it I have to cut off pieces of them. That is just ridiculous.

Please tell me that I can get some sort of converter so that I don't have to damage PERFECTLY GOOD SERVOS.
It seems everyone has overlooked the real problem. The servos aren't supposed to fit inside the receiver.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:33 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H View Post
It seems everyone has overlooked the real problem. The servos aren't supposed to fit inside the receiver.
C'mon, now. Don't ruin a perfectly goofy thread with logic.
Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:43 PM
Serenity Now!
O'Fallon, MO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,315 Posts
Quote:

Your complaint has been going on since the beginning of RC.

I seriously doubt it will ever change. Each maker/mfg. has their own proprietary connector.

You'll have to get used to it.
jbrundt is offline Find More Posts by jbrundt
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:00 PM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Sep 2012
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
C'mon, now. Don't ruin a perfectly goofy thread with logic.
I marked it as a rant because it is supposed to be irrational.
btown2 is online now Find More Posts by btown2