HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by tailskid2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:19 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,115 Posts
Discussion
Workshop!

It's a cold windy day in Phoenix, so I decided to work on a Champion 45S that a club member would like me to assemble - so I started today instead of working on removing that blasted 'C' ring on my T-28 nose gear (I'll do that 'tomorrow'). I also finished up cleaning up the garage and only have 3 planes stored on the floor as opposed to the half-dozen 'hanging' (now what to do with my H9 P-51 - 150 which is in the workshop - spare bedroom I call "My" room).

Anyway I found a manual for the 45S from Thunder Tiger and glued the wing halves together and quickly found out I'm missing the aileron servo tray - so I'm adding a couple of hardwood mounting rails for the single servo - I think this plane is about 10 years old). I really don't like the covering as it is brittle and cracks easily - and is wrinkled...this is the material they print on and glue to the airframe so I'll have to be careful to gently shrink the covering on the wing (at least it is the bottom of the wing that is wrinkled).....some 5 Minute Epoxy should be dry, so back to mounting the second aileron servo rail............
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Midwest Stik Build
to remove ads between posts