SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:55 AM
Joined Oct 2006
5 Posts
Help!
Altimeter problem

Hi All

I have a problem with my MicroSensor V4 Altimeter after upgrading the firmware on the data logger and OSD. It now reads zero all the time and does not change. Before I upgraded the firmware it was fine and worked OK.
I did noticed that if I power it from the USB cable the Altimeter illuminates but when powered from the battery it does not.

I have the V4 data logger and OSD pro set up

Any Ideas would be welcomed.

Rob
Creaseyr is offline Find More Posts by Creaseyr
Last edited by Creaseyr; Feb 10, 2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Title change, More detail
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:38 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi,

When you say the altimeter is reading zero, do you mean on the OSD Pro display, or on the altimeter's LED?

Assuming it is reading 0 on the display, is the altimeter flashing when this is occuring. And, I'm assuming you're moving the altimeter up and down during the test?

When you click "firmware control" does the altimeter still show up as a connected device?

Also, what version of our PC software (under "help, about") are you running?
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:57 PM
Joined Oct 2006
5 Posts
Hi Bill

The display lghts up with a set of numbers when it is connectewd via the usb cable and it looks like it is woking ok like that. But if I just power it up using the fligt battery the display does not light up and the OSD just shows zero even if you move the model up and down.
When I do a firmware check it can see the altimeter and it has the latest version uploaded.

I am running version 10.44 the software

Thanks

Rob
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:04 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, when you power the system with only a battery (no USB) does the eLogger's LED blink?

And, to confirm, when you say you are powering it with the USB cable, I assume you mean you are connecting the eLogger to the USB cable, and not somehow connecting the altimeter to the USB cable?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:17 PM
Joined Oct 2006
5 Posts
Yes I am conneting the elogger to the PC via usb cable.

The alitimeter does nothing when I connect the flight battery.

However If i connect the battery after the usb has been connected I can then remove the usb cable and the alitimeter stay working.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Thanks for the info. That is very odd indeed!

If you remove the OSD from the eLogger, and connect the altimeter directly to the eLogger, does the issue occur with just the battery?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:36 PM
Joined Oct 2006
5 Posts
I unplugged the OSD from the Elogger and plugged the Alitimeter directly into the elogger and and powered it with the battery and it works OK (well it lights up as it used to).
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, I am at a loss as to what could be causing this. I think our next step is to narrow down the component causing the issue. If you could open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com, we can swap out your altimeter to see if that resolves it. If that sounds good, once you get the replacement, please don't update its firmware (at least for now).
Site Sponsor