HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2001, 07:48 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,564 Posts
New Dragon 35 Up In Smoke

Well my bad luck continues. After my original 10102Y/EZ30 setup quit on me, I was told the motor threw a magnet. After 3 months, Aveox returned it "fixed". Still nothing, nada. So I was told the EZ30 controller was shot. I bought a new Dragon 35 from Castle,hooked it up, nada. I sent the motor and controller to Castle and after a few months was told the motor had a damaged hall sensor and a bent shaft and thus the controller wasnt arming. So I just threw my hands up and let my LMH collect dust. Well, This week I opened my wallet back up and bought another 10102Y. I hooked it up and nada, nothing. After fidgeting with moving the receiver and controller around, finally power. However the motor would run in spurts. Sometimes the red light would just flash. Then it happened. POOF, the back of the controller went up in a puff of smoke. The smell of money was every where. I am clueless. Everything was hooked up correctly and the controller recieved a clean bill of health earlier by Castle. Im running a 6 cell 2000 battery. Guess I picked a bad week to quit drinking.......
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2001, 08:04 PM
Sitka, Alaska
Joined Mar 2001
248 Posts
Darn the luck, I know how much you like that thing. Well get it back to pat and he'll fix you up. Have you thought about going to the larger rotor dia.? there is a thread on it. Take care and get flyin.

Lucas
Lucas in Alaska is offline Find More Posts by Lucas in Alaska
Old Nov 23, 2001, 08:30 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
I'm sure Pat will back it up. Let him and then us know!
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Nov 23, 2001, 10:41 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,564 Posts
The only thing I can possibly imagine is that the controller had a loose thinga majig. The original setup acted the same and I tried moving stuff around and away from each other to eliminate interference as a cause. Occasionally the motor would run but glitchy. The same thing with my new motor. What I might have been doing is actually moving the wires that connect inside the controller. I was in the process of moving the controller when the smoke started. And yes Lucas, if I can ever get this heli up again, I plan to go with the larger blades.
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM