3,327 Posts
Nitroplanes sells electrics too.
Trisquire is online now Find More Posts by Trisquire
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:16 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,291 Posts
The instruction books in the Nitro Kadet Senior and Seniorita kits had Sig labels on them--at least that was true for the few that I have seen.
When the stock was depleated they were gone.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:23 PM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,857 Posts
Wouldn't pilot skill play a part in this too?
foamflyer is offline Find More Posts by foamflyer
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:24 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,327 Posts
I guess we're assuming he's unskilled. Also, with glow engines, you have to account for dead sticks.
Trisquire is online now Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:03 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
That's quite a broad statement, don't you think? Have you pulled the covering off all ARFs and seen that they are indeed glued with super glue?

And yes, this should either be in the Nitroplanes.com section or at the very least the Fuel section.
Agreed on the first point. I have seen a number of different types of glues used on ARFs. My H9 Twin Otter was assembled with some type of white glue/PVA type glue.

No so sure about your second point. Lots of the Nitroplanes Kadets have been converted to electric, so mentioning a general airframe issue in here is not really off the mark. The post was about airframe quality concerns and the power is a non issue.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:05 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
phtttt ... i have bought like 11 planes from nitro planes,i know what im getting and know they will need some work to be up to flying. And they have stood behind the one or two i had trouble with, one was bad esc and one was bad servo. I PLAN on replacing the esc on any plane i buy (they put to light of an esc in all) I plan on fixing hinges,wheels,loos parts,bad glue.it is all part of betting what you pay for.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:52 PM
United States, AL, Gardendale
Joined Dec 2011
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
phtttt ... i have bought like 11 planes from nitro planes,i know what im getting and know they will need some work to be up to flying. And they have stood behind the one or two i had trouble with, one was bad esc and one was bad servo. I PLAN on replacing the esc on any plane i buy (they put to light of an esc in all) I plan on fixing hinges,wheels,loos parts,bad glue.it is all part of betting what you pay for.
So... sorta what you see is a "STARTER" ARF. It's started, and you have to finish up all the loose details.

Which is sorta the same thing I do every spring when I get out models I flew last October. I have to go thru them carefully to check for who knows what before intense summer flying.

Nothing wrong with going thru every detail of a new model to make sure it's actually ready to fly...
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:08 AM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
672 Posts
  • Nitro Planes didn't build it, Sig had it built.
  • I'll bet it said in the instructions to check the glue joints.
  • It can happen with any of them.
  • Not uncommon with Chinese assembled planes.
Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:50 PM
Joined Sep 2008
675 Posts
Do people expect to have to strip off the covering to reglue every joint?
aurorae is offline Find More Posts by aurorae
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I like the Nitroplanes $40-45 800mm EPO warbird kits so far. I fly the P-51D & just ordered the T-34. Sweet! Not as good as Alfa, but you take what you can get.

Not part of the discussion, but the Nitroplanes Airfield 800mm is OK. I had to do a lot of fixes, but it was not bad, compared to crappy clone helis FWIW.

I suppose the bargain basement balsa ARF is the same. Caveat Emptor (IT IS TRUE, even with our expectation of customer service and satisfaction nowadays). Good luck everyone!
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Feb 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:33 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc39 View Post
Cloud_9
dont buy a eflight pulse 25 the landing gear dose the same thing, we dont know how hard the landing was, also all arfs are glued with super glue.
The Pulse 25 LG was fine for me, I made a few less than optimal landings in 2" grass and finally broke it. I fixed it, and found no fault with the original construction. Point is the construction is ok, but the landing has to be there also. This isn't a springly wire gear that bends and bounces you back up after a 10G landing. Perhaps you received a defective fuselage.

Super glue is as good as white for balsa AFAIK. I use it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:40 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,521 Posts
This thread is super weird.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:45 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad View Post
My question is, Why didn't the person who owned the plane go through and re-glue everything before flying. I do that on every ARF I buy and especially the landing gear. Most of the time it either has to be replaced or beefed up somehow before any maiden.

BTW I have several Nitro Planes models and all fly fantastic as I still have my big Nitro Planes Pole Cat electrified.
So true. All the ARFs I ever had broke at the landing gear joints. There is no question. The first thing I do is beef up the landing gear area.

Of course you can always do it "after" it breaks I guess.

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:50 PM
rookie
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Dec 2012
546 Posts
Seemed to be an easy fix. if that area had been reinforced some other area would probly break .
Wilf
wilf370 is offline Find More Posts by wilf370
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:50 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
This thread is super weird.
I enjoy responding to things. How am I doing?