SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:03 PM
Building until we fly w\ Jesus
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined May 2011
88 Posts
Hey - We love you Namcy and we do thank you for hearing us. Nitroplanes is still my favorit place to get all my planes. The problem is that I only buy when there is a super deal like free shipping or 15% off. When you run your next big deal I have a few planes already lined up. So I will be waiting. 5% off will not get my money at this time. If I have to wait unitl the next big Holiday or even Black Friday then that is what I will do. Thanks
Shawndae is online now Find More Posts by Shawndae
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:29 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nancy View Post
Hey guys! I hope everyone's day is going well. First off, props to everyone who provided me with all this feedback and I'm glad you guys have a strong opinion about our company. Any positive or negative feedback still let's us know that our customers and fans want us to improve.I know that 5% off is not your pot of gold savings but the way I see it is your still saving something. Even if its a couple of bucks, I mean you can take that couple of bucks and go buy a lotto and win the jackpot or something lol This hobby can be quite expensive and I'm a person that's all about deals. Ridiculous as it sounds I would post up any amount of deals for you guys. I'm not saying you have to use it but hey its there for your taking. Response to other complaints, I want you guys to know that these complaints have been brought up before and we are very much aware of it. You guys take the time out of your day to vent to us and we do take into consideration about all the responses. If any of you guys have any problems feel free to PM me! Thanks guys for hearing me out
OPINION??? stop trying to make up for your prices on shipping and ya might get more business >>>>>>>were not stupid
lectroglide is online now Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
Thanks for your reply Nancy. I have bought a few times when there was not a sale going on. Shipping was about $20 which I thought was reasonable for a large box. We know you cannot sell at Black Friday prices all year and make any money. But UPS is giving you a discount so the shipping is not that high. Just put the shipping back where it was and we'll be happy. Or offer free shipping past a certain rice point, $150, $200. Whatever works. you'd be surprised how many times we fill up a cart and then change our minds once we see the shipping charges.

Example: Right now there is an awesome car I REALLY want from Hobbyking. It's dirt cheap and I was ready to impulse buy it, until I saw the shipping, and then I just forgot about it.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:23 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
OPINION??? stop trying to make up for your prices on shipping and ya might get more business >>>>>>>were not stupid
oh lectro, be nice- without nitro, I'd have to buy from my LHS, or worst yet..HK

As shown in my prior post, Nitro shipping is in par with other vendors that ship planes of similar sizes.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:41 AM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
267 Posts
I was actually pleasantly surprised when I checked shipping on a Nitroplanes ARF i've been eyeing -it was like $21. Last time I had checked it, it was over $30. Not sure if they're fixing things, or if the shipping had just been jacked up extra last time due to their holiday "sales"

If they can put out a deal for more than 5% (or pricepickle 6%) in the near future, I'll have to think about ordering, but I've got other projects to work on in the meantime.
Oh, and NP, this would all be dependent upon you NOT raising the shipping to make up the difference again, of course. If that happens, consider our relationship permanently over. ;p

And yes, I'm keeping the dog.
midnightsabotage is offline Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:01 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
oh lectro, be nice- without nitro, I'd have to buy from my LHS, or worst yet..HK

As shown in my prior post, Nitro shipping is in par with other vendors that ship planes of similar sizes.
nothing nice about rediculas shipping prices, and no thier not par with others
or atleast where I shop
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:06 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
nothing nice about rediculas shipping prices, and no thier not par with others
or atleast where I shop
Lectro...

check out the shipping charges in the prior post I posted and attached screenshot. Those prices are in par and as far as I know, fair.

it was $17 to ship a 55" plane; and I did buy one, that box is huge.

I'm also thinking about getting this plane:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-9-P-51-60-ARF

Shipping for this plane from amainhobbies is $20. This plane is bigger, but only by 10" in ws. And I think $20 to ship this plane is fair too.

Where are you buying your planes that shipping is so cheap...can you post some? I'm in the market for a couple new planes... thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:55 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Lectro...

check out the shipping charges in the prior post I posted and attached screenshot. Those prices are in par and as far as I know, fair.

Shipping for this plane from amainhobbies is $20. This plane is bigger, but only by 10" in ws. And I think $20 to ship this plane is fair too.

Where are you buying your planes that shipping is so cheap...can you post some? I'm in the market for a couple new planes... thanks.
$17 is a hellova better than $20 for a small kit box! thats what Im tryin to get at, try radicalrc or headsuprc thiers more just doesnt come to mind right now.......I seriously wouldnt mind paying a nominal shipping price for something I think warrants it, what hacks me off is they advertise a BIG SALE then charge an arm/leg to make up for it.........IMO thats chicken

further more you prolly know I produce and sell the wingthing2 which is labor intensive but charge a minimal price for the product+ the shipping boxes are hand made also taking time. I charge the customer exactly what USPS charges me, thier are no hidden fees what so ever! granted these so called bigger outfits sell mass produced in volume so thier is a diffrence
Last edited by lectroglide; Feb 14, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:07 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
$17 is a hellova better than $20 for a small kit box! thats what Im tryin to get at, try radicalrc or headsuprc thiers more just doesnt come to mind right now.......I seriously wouldnt mind paying a nominal shipping price for something I think warrants it, what hacks me off is they advertise a BIG SALE then charge an arm/leg to make up for it.........IMO thats chicken
Thanks Letro...headsup and radicalrc don't exactly have the plane selection that nitro has though.

anyways, $17 is for their 1400mm 5 lbs P40 w/retracts. It isn't exactly a small kit box. The box is close to 4 feet tall, and probably 1 1/2 feet x 2 feet (WxH). those are estimates...I've thrown the box away a long time ago.

if you do find other vendors with nice planes (now looking for balsa warbirds in the 60+ inches WS) with reasonable shipping, shout it my way
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:07 PM
United States, PA, Feasterville-Trevose
Joined Dec 2011
41 Posts
Not to be indifferent but you live in San Jose, Ca and Nitroplanes is in City of Industry, Ca which is what? 200 or 300 miles away? Of course your shipping cost will be low. Not to mention Nitroplanes gets a substantial discount on shipping that we are not privy to. Even with the cost of boxes, packing peanuts, balloon pillows etc.they make a nice profit on shipping. The last time I bought something it was last May, a Dynam T28 on sale for $109 minus 12% off + $35.05 for shipping. The box arrived very badly crumpled with a huge dent on one side. Absolutely no packing of any kind. Miraculously, nothing was broken except one of the pilots popped loose and is rattling around inside the cockpit (I'll get to fixing him eventually.) And now that I think about it, the plane came in a box within a box. Just the way it was shipped to them from China. So basically they did nothing in the way of packing it except to stick a mailing label on it and kick it out the door (literally it seems.) Today the same plane is $131.11 regular price plus $38.89 shipped to my location. I can go on UPS's website have the same size and weight package shipped from their location to mine by 4 day ground shipping (same as they use) for $24.55. That makes a nice tidy profit of $14.34 for them if not more, as they get a discount from UPS that I don't get.

Compare that to Tower Hobbies who ships for a flat $9.99 if you join their buyers club for $9.99 per year (still much less than Nitroplanes even after paying the membership fee). Or spend $150.00 and shipping is free. Plus they often have free shipping for buying $99.00 worth of stuff. Or Hobby Zone who ships for a very reasonable rate ($18.99 for an Eflite Hurricane which is around a 55" wingspan.)

So I don't see exactly how you can consider Nitroplane's shipping as reasonable. This is not including when they have a so-called "SALE". That's when they lower their prices a staggering 5% and raise their shipping prices even more to compensate. They are not fooling anyone. But if you are happy with them, more power to you!

Quote:
Lectro...

Go Go Joe is offline Find More Posts by Go Go Joe
Last edited by Go Go Joe; Feb 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:52 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Letro...headsup and radicalrc don't exactly have the plane selection that nitro has though.

anyways, $17 is for their 1400mm 5 lbs P40 w/retracts. It isn't exactly a small kit box. The box is close to 4 feet tall, and probably 1 1/2 feet x 2 feet (WxH). those are estimates...I've thrown the box away a long time ago.

if you do find other vendors with nice planes (now looking for balsa warbirds in the 60+ inches WS) with reasonable shipping, shout it my way
will do BTW Im 10 miles from a place called areodynerc that have some great models in thier show room and for sale. its more of a mail order outfit but if your in the area can buy somethin but local tax prevails I also live 10 miles away from the HK USA warehouse, so all I gotta do is order somethin and go get it..........o
Last edited by lectroglide; Feb 14, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:18 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,063 Posts
NitroNancy - Perhaps you can convey the following up the chain of command.

- Having discounts, coupons, and sales frequently is a slippery slope and it cheapens your brand. Look at what Apple does - no discounts, but rock solid customer service. For that matter, look at Horizon Hobby. They hardly issue coupons or discounts. And they have a loyal following.

- Providing a discount in one place, and then increasing prices elsewhere to recoup your discount may fool some. But most get hip to it fast will also cheapen your brand.

- Yahoo! Commerce platform provides fields for "Regular Price" and "Sale Price". You don't always have to use both. Case in point, everybody and their dog knows there really is NO $41.65 "regular price" for Gens Ace 3S 2200 mAh batteries (http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-2200-3s1p.html). At best this is amusing, at worst it comes through as being deceitful. And... yes, it cheapens your brand! Just put the $23.73 in the Regular Price field and be done with it. It's a fair price for a great battery!

Anyway, the above three are the freebies. I have more - which I can give you at a discount!
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:42 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
will do also Im 10 miles from a place called areodyne that have some great models in thier show room and for sale! I also live 10 miles away from the HK USA warehouse, so all I gotta do is oreder somethin and go get it......what shipping????LOL
good gawd! You're in heaven! so jealous of you right now.

If I could do local pickup, I'd end up buying up most of HK's USA warehouse's planes.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:09 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Quote:
good gawd! You're in heaven! so jealous of you right now.

If I could do local pickup, I'd end up buying up most of HK's USA warehouse's planes.
ya we got it pretty good around here. BTW if ya see anything ya want from either place LMK , dont know if itll help but ya never know
Last edited by lectroglide; Feb 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:36 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by go go joe View Post
what astounds me is how stupid np thinks we are. Don't they know that the internet has leveled the playing field for businesses and consumers alike? It only takes seconds to compare prices from one online store to another in both price and shipping costs. Americans, like most any other people do not like to be taken advantage of. There is still a sense of right and wrong in this country. And it is not like we don't understand that a business has to make a profit. But underhanded sales tactics will not be accepted by most, nor forgotten. I from this point on, doubt i will ever buy anything from np, hobbypartz, etc even if they start to deal fairly with their customers again-which i doubt they will do anyway. Unscrupulous, dishonest, greedy, shady are all words that come to mind. I think the smiley grin you saw on his face was probably more of a sly "i gotcha grin" than anything else. It takes a very obstinate, hard headed, "i'm superior and smarter than you" mentality to continue to act in a untoward manner when it is so obvious we all know what they are doing. It's like pretending no one notices. And by not acknowledging it, that makes it ok. We on rc groups have devoted many threads and a lot of time complaining about nitroplanes to no avail. All you get is the standard company bs and a cold stonewall, monolithic company response, which is to say no response at all. Yet friendly bubbly, nitronancy is posting here all the time about the next "great deal." never does the truth come out that np just looks at all of us a bunch of rubes that will stupidly go along with their crappy sales philosophy. My solution is to not to ever do business with them again. I don't care if they ever change their ways. Perhaps someday they will just go away for good.

+1000
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923