Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay View Post
Was it this kind of grin , or this kind , or this kind

Well actually RCGroups didn't have the emoticon that I had in mind.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:53 PM
United States, PA, Feasterville-Trevose
Joined Dec 2011
41 Posts
What astounds me is how stupid NP thinks we are. Don't they know that the internet has leveled the playing field for businesses and consumers alike? It only takes seconds to compare prices from one online store to another in both price and shipping costs. Americans, like most any other people do not like to be taken advantage of. There is still a sense of right and wrong in this country. And it is not like we don't understand that a business has to make a profit. But underhanded sales tactics will not be accepted by most, nor forgotten. I from this point on, doubt I will ever buy anything from NP, HobbyPartz, etc even if they start to deal fairly with their customers again-which I doubt they will do anyway. Unscrupulous, dishonest, greedy, shady are all words that come to mind. I think the smiley grin you saw on his face was probably more of a sly "I gotcha grin" than anything else. It takes a very obstinate, hard headed, "I'm superior and smarter than you" mentality to continue to act in a untoward manner when it is so obvious we all know what they are doing. It's like pretending no one notices. And by not acknowledging it, that makes it OK. We on RC Groups have devoted many threads and a lot of time complaining about NitroPlanes to no avail. All you get is the standard company BS and a cold stonewall, monolithic company response, which is to say no response at all. Yet friendly bubbly, NitroNancy is posting here all the time about the next "great deal." Never does the truth come out that NP just looks at all of us a bunch of rubes that will stupidly go along with their crappy sales philosophy. My solution is to not to ever do business with them again. I don't care if they ever change their ways. Perhaps someday they will just go away for good.
Go Go Joe is offline Find More Posts by Go Go Joe
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:57 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
They need to adjust their policies before Hobbyking eats their lunch as they add more and more to the USA warehouse.
you cant be serious . have you tried to purchase a plane from them . 90.00 to ship a 63.inch ws plane to me in NYC .i just pruchased a 68inch ws plane from value hobby for 20.00 bucks, got here in a less than a week .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:18 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,842 Posts
where are you guys having NP ship to?

My last plane (in Dec) was a 55" FMS P-40 and cost of shiping was $17. Box was quite big and heavy...so I felt $17 was fair.

I just tried again and the same plane's shipping cost is still $17 to 95129. In comparison, HK USA warehouse for the same size is around the same. My last plane from HK USA(1870mm) cost me $16 to ship (price has since gone up to $32). I've also bought planes from Advantage hobby around the same size and shipping has been around $16-$35 depending on size.

I then tried New York zip code for the same 55" FMS plane and that came to $36 for shipping...still not bad and not anywhere near what people are quoting
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:25 AM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
I'm in total agreement with most of you here, and i won't blab on and just repeat what you've already said.

But for as much as they think we're stupid, I think that they are equally stupid for not listening to it's valuable customers. Without us, who is going to buy their merchandise?
They WILL eventually run out of people who are willing to play their games.

There are several planes that I would scoop up in a heartbeat if they hadn't left a sour taste in my mouth in the past with all their pricing schemes.

But the biggest question about how "brilliant" they are, is this thread. Just look, they tried to advertise a sale (5% off?? big whoop. For cheap planes, 5% doesn't excite anyone here) and all they got is page upon page of people sharing their disgust with how they run their sales. LISTEN to us.

Wise up, NP. You'd have sold me atleast 5 planes in the past year if I hadn't sworn off buying from you until you straighten up your pricing act. And I can only imagine there are tons more here just like me. You're sitting on a gold mine. But it's a gold mine that needs to feel respected and treated fairly.

I for one hope that you get your act together in the near future. I really like a bunch of your planes. But I won't be giving you my money until you fix your issues.
midnightsabotage is offline Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:53 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
LMAO!! I have ADD and followed Danpos thought pattern perfectly. Bombay, you kill me, I was thinking the same thing. LOL

Yes, it now cost nearly the same to purchase a balsa plane as a foam. The best thing to do, is watch for sale with companies that have a fair shipping policy.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:43 AM
Warm Sunny days please
United States, IN, Marion
Joined Mar 2008
79 Posts
Don't get it

I am not quite sure I understand all of the rant on this subject. Last time I checked the free enterprise system is alive and well in the USA. (at least for this week) If you don't like a company just don't buy from them eventually it all works out. I don't see the good in bad mouthing someone or some company just because you don't agree with their business model. If they were ripping people off by sending substitute product or passing off stuff that was not desirable that is one thing. You can see straight up when you buy it what the cost is. Either click on it and pay the ticket or go somewhere else. I have bought lots of stuff from them with out problems in their Sky Lipo batteries are just about the best value for the $$$ out their. Let it rest man let it rest.
dlewton is offline Find More Posts by dlewton
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:15 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,746 Posts
Most of us are not bad mouthing NP. We like them and want to continue to do business with them. But having constantly rising prices and sky shipping on top of that and no parts support is making it tough to do so. We want them to change so we can keep our favorite retailers.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:09 AM
USA, NE, Minden
Joined May 2008
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I have ordered more from nitroplanes/xheli/nitrorcx than I have from Banana Hobby. But I have to say I prefer what they did. They raised all the prices of the products and then offered free shipping over $50. That's great. I love shopping and no worrying about what the shipping costs are going to be. That's why I like Banggood so much. There is NO shipping option, just free. Keep the 5%, it makes no difference. Raise your prices to include shipping or make them reasonable. This is not a person knocking your company. I love your products, have bought several times from you and plan to order more in the future and speak positively about your company to my club members. Just want you to understand the psychology of your customers and help you sell and help us buy. Isn't that what it's all about? Keep up the good work!
Banana hobby just pulled their free shipping recently. I discovered this as I was about to place a $300 order. They lost the sale.....
rohdem is offline Find More Posts by rohdem
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:34 AM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewton View Post
I am not quite sure I understand all of the rant on this subject. Last time I checked the free enterprise system is alive and well in the USA. (at least for this week) If you don't like a company just don't buy from them eventually it all works out. I don't see the good in bad mouthing someone or some company just because you don't agree with their business model. If they were ripping people off by sending substitute product or passing off stuff that was not desirable that is one thing. You can see straight up when you buy it what the cost is. Either click on it and pay the ticket or go somewhere else. I have bought lots of stuff from them with out problems in their Sky Lipo batteries are just about the best value for the $$$ out their. Let it rest man let it rest.
Awe, come on. This is a sounding board, right? We are just exercising free speech in a "free enterprise" system. Hopefully, therein is the beauty. We provide feedback (gripes, kudos, etc) and the company either listens to its customers...or ignores them. It is a beautiful thing!
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:17 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,866 Posts
Btw .. forget that 5% code ... "pricepickle" gives you 6% off ..

About ranting here:

I am very disappointed that NP dropped FMS as their supplier. I ordered the new T-28 800mm and the P-51 800mm and their new manufacturer for Airfield is far from the quality that FMS provided .. very low quality EPO foam and flight characteristics are almost bad! still flyable, but not the quality of FMS.

Rant over.
flyandi is online now Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:34 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,543 Posts
X-Heli shipped me obviously used parts. I bought a Heli frame from them and it was used, but in shipping the used parts, they also sent be bearings I did not pay for instead of taking them out before shipping. This happened several times. When I figured out the what the cost of the free parts would have been, I believe it was over $20 worth of stuff they sent that I didn't pay for. They did resolve problems I had with orders satisfactorily, but I haven't ordered from them in many months. IMHO, sometimes their shipping is too high and the way they manipulate prices is detestible, but overall, I knew what I was paying and some of the products were still a good value. I have had problems with other popular vendors too. I might order from Nitro/X/Hobbypartz again, but their sales practices drive a lot of people away, and I think they would be more successful if they honestly appealed to more of the large RC community.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:10 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,215 Posts
almost ordered a ZERO kit until I found out how much shipping was, needless to say will spend money somewhere else
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Feb 13, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Feedback

Hey guys! I hope everyone's day is going well. First off, props to everyone who provided me with all this feedback and I'm glad you guys have a strong opinion about our company. Any positive or negative feedback still let's us know that our customers and fans want us to improve.I know that 5% off is not your pot of gold savings but the way I see it is your still saving something. Even if its a couple of bucks, I mean you can take that couple of bucks and go buy a lotto and win the jackpot or something lol This hobby can be quite expensive and I'm a person that's all about deals. Ridiculous as it sounds I would post up any amount of deals for you guys. I'm not saying you have to use it but hey its there for your taking. Response to other complaints, I want you guys to know that these complaints have been brought up before and we are very much aware of it. You guys take the time out of your day to vent to us and we do take into consideration about all the responses. If any of you guys have any problems feel free to PM me! Thanks guys for hearing me out
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:59 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
We want Black Friday pricing with free shipping every day of the year.

Thank you.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs