Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
69 Posts
Rant
Poor service - HOBBYKING

I normally don't voice my complaints online, but I figure if I'm going to complain about a company, I should at least see if I can save someone else some frustration
I ordered this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=34104 inexpensive "velcro" like hook & loop fastener. Well, they sent only 1/2 of the hook and loop (they forgot the loop!) . Apparently they are consistently doing this (based on the comments I'm seeing on their site for this product). Ok, I can understand mistakes, not usually an issue. But, in this case, for an item that costs $1.62, they responded to me (and others with the same issue) that I have to go through a MAJOR process before they'll even look at my claim. Instead of reading the claim I sent to them, which also states that there are several others with the same exact issue, they just ignore the information given them, opting for this ridiculous procedure I need to follow or it "will result in a rejection of the claim". With several CUSTOMERS having the same exact issue you'd think they'd get a clue and realize they're sending out only 1/2 of the product. That of course would require them to read the claims that are being sent into their customer service department. Now if it were a $20 item, I"d be jumping through their hoops (then posting this), but I'll spend that same time they want me to spend to remediate THEIR issue posting here in the hopes that just one person will decide to send their business elsewhere until the company becomes reasonable about their customer service.
Ok, now I feel better
leatherlips is offline Find More Posts by leatherlips
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Hook and crook is more like it!

What is the "major" process they want you to go through?

Keep in mind they do about 5,000 unique transactions a day (from what I've read here), I don't think their c/s reps are able to deviate from a set procedure. I think all issues are handled the same way.

If you don't want to deal with their process, you can always file a PP or credit card complaint. What they don't realize is that ultimately they will spend more in salaried hours than it would take to either refund, or send the right 2.00 order out.

I'd file the PP and try to get a partial refund, or store credit.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:04 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
I ordered the 10? Pack of excato blades, they didn't tape the container closed, so somewhere between here and china are all but three blades knocking around. Same run around, but not worth the hassle for $1.00 product. I still order from them, even if I loose a buck here and there, still cheaper than ordering from the big boys by a long shot.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Jan 2013
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
What is the "major" process they want you to go through?

Here's the response to my customer service inquiry.
"To open a claim file for you, you must do the following within 48 hours of receiving the parcel.
1) DO NOT throw any of the packaging or product materials away. Keep the entire package 100% as you received it.
2) Weigh your parcel and its content. You can use a kitchen scale for this. It must be accurate to 5g.
3) Provide Photos described as follow:
- One photo which shows the parcel box
- One photo which shows the postage slip showing all shipping information, include order ID.
- One photo which shows all the packaging materials
- One photo to show all items received and all the bar code.
- One photo which shows the shipping weight of the parcel, by putting all items inside package box and put on the kitchen weight (DEPENDS; slightly different no need)
* Failure to follow the procedures above will result in a rejection of the claim."

Now, again, I'm talking the item in question is less than $2. It just rubs me the wrong way that they obviously didn't read my customer service inquiry, and just replied with this template response (which is what they sent to the others that had this same issue).

I'm not at all worried about the $2.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:14 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,546 Posts
Do you live in the U.S.? If so, you can by that stuff by the roll in just about any hardware store, Home Depot, etc. Granted, it won't be that cheap, but your down $2 already and have nothing at this point anway. Its not worth even bothering with the hoops they will have you jump through, just to maybe get a store credit six months from now for less than $2
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:42 AM
Joined Jan 2013
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Do you live in the U.S.? If so, you can by that stuff by the roll in just about any hardware store, Home Depot, etc. Granted, it won't be that cheap, but your down $2 already and have nothing at this point anway. Its not worth even bothering with the hoops they will have you jump through, just to maybe get a store credit six months from now for less than $2
Yes i already bought what I needed locally. I just added this on with a larger order since I was ordering anyway from them. I'll just need to be less lazy and buy as much local as possible. Then I'll find the online stores that have decent customer service. (I use amazon quite a bit due to experiencing their excellent customer service). I think Amazon also may have 5,000 unique transaction a day
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherlips View Post
Yes i already bought what I needed locally. I just added this on with a larger order since I was ordering anyway from them. I'll just need to be less lazy and buy as much local as possible. Then I'll find the online stores that have decent customer service. (I use amazon quite a bit due to experiencing their excellent customer service). I think Amazon also may have 5,000 unique transaction a day
Yes, I am spoiled by Amazon! I can find what I need in seconds, read the reviews and have it to my door within the work week. I've never made a regretful purchase on Amazon yet as long as I read the reviews and adjust my purchase decision based on them.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:14 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,415 Posts
Shame you only got the hook part. If you got just the loop portion, I would buy that off you. I need just the fuzzy part for a project.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:22 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Its quite simple, follow the steps listed by customer service and you will get a credit for the item. They have to have a process for this type of occurrence or else people would be taking advantage of it.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:45 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,762 Posts
uhh, why did you buy product that had a NO STAR REVIEW?

hobby king is like a swapmeat. lots of unknowns. 5 star reviews are you best friend.

also, the process they want you to do, is to rule out fraud on ur part (some people will rip off anyone, and there covering ther butts, and now we have to jump through hoops cuz of it )
and also to rule out usps mess up.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:01 AM
Joined Jan 2013
69 Posts
They have a customer service "contact us". If they ask for contact, they should read the information in those contacts. It's obvious to anyone that has 1/4 of a brain that there's something wrong when the "complaints" coming in all say the same thing about the product and how it's advertised. IF they paid any attention, they would have fixed the product description to say "half of the hook and loop" or maybe started sending out the right thing.
This happens because there are many people that simply excuse this type of behavior in the vendors that we deal with. If WE didn't accept this type of service, these businesses would not survive or they would become better at servicing the customer.
This is already the case with many online retailers. For now it appears that to get proper service from a hobby vendor I'll need to look locally until I find an online retailer that respects their customers enough to read the correspondence sent to them(I'm sure they're out there).
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Hi guys i have read the posts concerns HK customer service and i totally agree with all of you.i am truly in worst situation than some of you guys here until now, i have ordered 2 orders worth approx 132USD 18days ago, 6 days ago i sent email to know my shipment status i was really ASTONISHED when the reply it is in hold because Hong Kong post will not allow the LIPO shipping ??? and i have to change this item ??!!! i replied i would change the carrier and pay the deference the answer after 2 days was NO it can't be and i asked in live support to change the LIPO to other items the answer was NO it's printed??? after 10 emails and 4or 5 times live support asking them what will be the situation for my orders - they said we are waiting for the ware house reply ?? what is the **** is that ? is that a skim or what ? moreover right now nobody answer my email and in live support they put me in wait for more than 30 min and short answer is we are waiting for warehouse reply and closing the chat session instantly like slamming the door in your face !!! i know HK is really have competitive prices and would be a great business and source for hobbiest's but with this kinda service i think it will be the last time to deal with HK i would be grateful if anybody can advice me how to raise a claim or how to talk to the mangers ? any ideas !!
bluethunder8000 is offline Find More Posts by bluethunder8000
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:10 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,814 Posts
You can cancel your orders.
To cancel the order and request your money be returned to the funding source, use the Support Centre and Submit a Request to do this.

This is Hobby Kings policy.

Quote:
If one chooses to cancel an order which has not been shipped, he will receive a full refund which also includes the shipping costs.

If one chooses to cancel an order, the refund can be given in the form of bonus points or a refund to their PayPal. We usually issue bonus points first as it is faster to process and customer can use the points a few minutes after cancellation. Kindly note that the bonus points can only be used to cover the product costs and not the shipping costs. However, if a customer would prefer a refund to their PayPal account, we can simply deduct the bonus points and issue a refund instead.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:20 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,762 Posts
lipo order take a very long time. they have to run it by currier (guy in a van) to anouther country. theres a good chance its all ready headed for chinese border. paypal gives you 45 days to open a claim. it might end up taking 45 days to get to you.

in arizona, usa, hk orders take 2 weeks with no lipo, but closer to 4 with lipos.

'its printed' meaning, the warehouse has it and is putting the order together. by the time it say printed, its probly done aready.

never have seen or gotten a hold of managers. you might try again and be nice. (it seems you get better service if you are nice.)
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull