HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:16 AM
Joined Mar 2011
29 Posts
Discussion
Getting back into the hobby!

Well after a couple years out of the hobby i've decided I needed to lightly get back in with at least one RC (i don't race, just like trying a bunch of diffrent one's out, hop'in them up, tinckering, cleaning them etc). I sold everything off because I was pretty busy with babies, business and found myself with no time to play. Now that the kids are a bit older I thought why not.

Decided I'd try the micro heli thing out being winter and all. So, I bought a few micro heli's (MCX2, MSR X, Nano CPX and also a DX6i to fly them). They are fun and definately need lots of practice but still needed to get a land vehicle to calm my habbit.

So..... I bought a Traxxas Summit AGAIN (had a few in the past), A traxxas 1/16 vxl revo, traxxas vxl rally ken block and losi mini 8ight (all used but in like new condition).

Best part is that I bought all these with in a month, what is wrong with me?????

Pretty sure I'll see another baja 5b sitting in my hobby room with in the next coupe months, lol

Later
yannicksjh is offline Find More Posts by yannicksjh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:16 AM
RC Basher
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
I'm the same way, I was up to 7 rc trucks then sold all but one (my Novak brushless powered 1/10 summit) because I got into boats. Now I'm back up to 6 land vehicles.
Jersey Crewmax is online now Find More Posts by Jersey Crewmax
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:26 AM
Joined Mar 2011
29 Posts
Yup, I should have kept my mamba monster summit but at the time was going into 1/5th scale baja's so needed all the money I could get. Kinda regret selling it now. I think having 7-10 RC's at a time is the norm around here. Funny thing is does anybody use all their RC's or just like having them, lol
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:10 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannicksjh View Post
Yup, I should have kept my mamba monster summit but at the time was going into 1/5th scale baja's so needed all the money I could get. Kinda regret selling it now. I think having 7-10 RC's at a time is the norm around here. Funny thing is does anybody use all their RC's or just like having them, lol
I hope you are talking about just cars, in that case I still have room to add some more.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:00 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannicksjh View Post
Well after a couple years out of the hobby i've decided I needed to lightly get back in with at least one RC (i don't race, just like trying a bunch of diffrent one's out, hop'in them up, tinckering, cleaning them etc). I sold everything off because I was pretty busy with babies, business and found myself with no time to play. Now that the kids are a bit older I thought why not.

Decided I'd try the micro heli thing out being winter and all. So, I bought a few micro heli's (MCX2, MSR X, Nano CPX and also a DX6i to fly them). They are fun and definately need lots of practice but still needed to get a land vehicle to calm my habbit.

So..... I bought a Traxxas Summit AGAIN (had a few in the past), A traxxas 1/16 vxl revo, traxxas vxl rally ken block and losi mini 8ight (all used but in like new condition).

Best part is that I bought all these with in a month, what is wrong with me?????

Pretty sure I'll see another baja 5b sitting in my hobby room with in the next coupe months, lol

Later
Getting back in to the hobby !. It looks like you jumped in with both feet
You have a nice start I just bought another plane this week and car once you start it is hard to stop.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:23 PM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
yup it becomes a disease for some of us i have over 20 rc cars at the moment.
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
Joined Mar 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieslinger View Post
yup it becomes a disease for some of us i have over 20 rc cars at the moment.
Ya, I just figured out before I got out of the hobby a couple years back that I had 12 at one point but have owned at least 30 different makes/models through out the years (between the nitro's, gas, boats, heli's and now electric).

Time to start adding to those numbers!!!!