HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:00 AM
Philippines, Western Visayas, Bacolod City
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
FAQ
Walkera Master CP

Hi guyz...I just need a little help here,
I just notice that the throttle of my transmitter is just about 20% but the heli is increasing the RPM in a high speed w/o touching or moving the throttle. The heli is on the platform, Is it normal?
Thanks!!!...
TazArf is offline Find More Posts by TazArf
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:42 PM
United States, SC, Pelion
Joined Feb 2013
28 Posts
You should have two settings in your transmitter that can be adjusted to get different behaviors of "RPM" (I usually see it called "head speed" or "rotor speed"). There is usually a throttle curve setting and a pitch curve setting. These two settings will tell the transmitter how calm or wild the collective will behave at different stick positions.

Here's a good link to a forum topic on that subject:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1651066

If I understand it correctly, on a collective pitch heli, the rotor speed is usually set so that it spins up to operational speed before you actually lift off, with the pitch still at a slightly negative or zero angle. Then it should stay at that speed and just use the angle of the rotors to go up and down in flight (though agressive 3d is probably not like that).
G Man Number 7 is offline Find More Posts by G Man Number 7
Last edited by G Man Number 7; Feb 08, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:16 AM
Philippines, Western Visayas, Bacolod City
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Thanks alot for your time and may GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS...
TazArf is offline Find More Posts by TazArf