SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:31 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jan 2013
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
You might be able to offset the servo horn to regain full travel (rather than starting with it at 90 degree's)
True..the travel would then be slower to the offset side, and faster initially to the other side.

Sounds like this would make it a bit jumpy in the torque direction, and since I don't "need" that travel for piro rate, I should just leave it out of the mix.

Many thanks for all the help.
gsking is offline Find More Posts by gsking
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:27 AM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jan 2013
233 Posts
Update...I put in a digital tail servo and it solved the problem. The original gyro is fine. So now I'll have a spare.

I still have some trimming to do. I biased the tail rotor to the side to generate some pitch at neutral, and turned down the endpoints. Piro rate is sedate.

Thanks for all the help. I have a scratch build running in parallel and I'll apply my lessons learned.
gsking is offline Find More Posts by gsking