HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:55 AM
PRC China (Yes, that far .. )
Joined Feb 2008
62 Posts
Discussion
.40 Ultiimate Bipe questions

I'm not sure if this is the right place for these questions.

I have a 40 ultimate Bipe with a OS Max 46 AX. I have heard it may be underpowered, I have not flown it yet. I am still practicing on my 25 trainer. What do you figure ?

Speaking of figure, I will put a pilot on the canopy. What scale is the pilot for this 40 size ? 1/6" ?
Flying Bougie is offline Find More Posts by Flying Bougie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:22 AM
Joined Feb 2008
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bougie View Post
I

Speaking of figure, I will put a pilot on the canopy. What scale is the pilot for this 40 size ? 1/6" ?
Actually just looking at dimensions, 1/6 looks big. Maybe 1/8 or 1/10 ?

Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:05 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,249 Posts
if you are talking bout the arf version, then yes I heard it was a lil on the heavy side, but I do believe that the 46ax should have plenty of power!

I have the kit built, with a webra speed 50, and it huals u know what! raraly ever use full throttle!

my memory along with my hips, left me long ago! I can't member what size pilot I used! sry no help there!

P.s. the right prop, would make a big diff. I would start with an 11x6!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: heli's
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:35 AM
Joined Feb 2008
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
if you are talking bout the arf version, then yes I heard it was a lil on the heavy side, but I do believe that the 46ax should have plenty of power!

I have the kit built, with a webra speed 50, and it huals u know what! raraly ever use full throttle!

my memory along with my hips, left me long ago! I can't member what size pilot I used! sry no help there!

Thanks, good to know the 46 AX is probably ok. Only ran once, stil need to break-in and repair a small issue on the tail :-(

It is the ARF, I haven't balanced the CG yet, and will be curious to weigh it soon and will report.

About the little guy (the pilot), i just ordered on fleebay with basic measurements. Also just did a adhock cockpit on mspaint which i will print and laminate (better then black). Not pro scale stuff, but much better than current and i think it will be ok.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:28 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,249 Posts
other then being a lil heavier, I hear it is a great flying plane! I love mine, been told they will snap or stall if to slow on aproach!
mine snaps inverted, but I can drag the tail on landings! so you should do a coupla stall tests before any finnals!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: heli's
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:50 AM
Joined Feb 2008
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post

just checked, 12 X 6 is my spare part, i assume that is also what is on it.

Seems pretty close to what you suggested
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:26 AM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,057 Posts
No, a 12x6 and a 11x6 will make a pretty big difference!
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:38 AM
Jacksonville Fla.
Joined Mar 2007
2,155 Posts
Is this your first bipe? If so have someone that flies bipes stand out there with you on the first couple of flights....unlike a trainer you cant pull power off on the downwind leg and glide all the way to touchdown....instead with all the drag a bipe has your gonna have to keep a little power on and pull power off over the threshold
remember that elevator is speed control and throttle is altitude control.
I love my bipes but I'm done flying them for awhile...you're going to get a lot of comments from folks on your airplane. Good luck
jetmech05 is offline Find More Posts by jetmech05
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:07 PM
Joined Feb 2008
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylerdinger View Post
No, a 12x6 and a 11x6 will make a pretty big difference!
Noted. As it is suggested to go to 11-6, I am on the lookout for it at the hobby shop asap. What would be the main difference on both ? Less "pull", slightly higher Rpm ? What different in flight characteristics ?

Anyway, no big rush, still nee to make a small tail repair that happened in transport, also need a wing pushrod (lost 1 in transport). I could start the engine break in though