HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Conehead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:09 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,072 Posts
Discussion
not super Happy

I just spent over an hour getting my floats for my Carbon Cub assembled. The screw heads didn't hold up, so I used other screws. They are fine now. Getting those little wires into the holders and get the screws to hold those tiny wires.

I wanted to fly my Carbon Cub on the new fallen snow. We are under a Blizzard Watch, so we can get anywhere from 5 inches to 12 inches of snow by tomorrow night. I got the snowblower ready, my sled is unloaded so I can go for a ride. I rode it tonight, 45 to 50 mph at night with needle snow. I was on the lake, it is now frozen hard enough to hold the sled and me. I don't venture out very far onto the ice. I am always close to shore where if something happens, I can stand up.

So after I get the snow blowed tomorrow, I will bind the Carbon Cub and install the floats and see what happens.

The snow is the light fluffy kind, which will be great to fly off of. So we shall see.

This will be the maiden flight for the Cub.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts