HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:28 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,527 Posts
Discussion
Just Ordered An H911 (was: Opinion pls...)

http://www.hobbytron.com/MicroSeries...elicopter.html

Good 2nd heli or pos? Looks tempting.....
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Last edited by stringrazor; Feb 07, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,261 Posts
It looks like the WL Toys V911 which is the forum favorite at the moment. The price is a bit high compared to shops in Hong Kong and China. However, most of the shops there will be closed for 1-2 weeks for the Chinese New Year.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:02 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,527 Posts
After seeing an H911 with the same features & accessories for just a few dollars more, I decided against the clone. I think I'll be ordering an H/V911 soon though. It looks like an easy step up from my starter 3ch coax.

What can I expect to be the biggest difference in flying experience between a single rotor 4ch and a typical 3ch coax?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:43 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
I'm kinda partial to these Nine Eagles Solo Pro V2s me and my Boy have. Pretty tough lil' birds for the money. Just gotta wait for them to come over on the dreaded "slow-boat-from-China" is all. But they got here (R.I.) in less than 2 weeks.
Biggest difference between the CX and 4 Channel is more control that you won't be used to. You WILL overcontrol the first few times, and pay the consequences, so get a tough bird. Most of the micros are pretty durable though...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:35 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
After seeing an H911 with the same features & accessories for just a few dollars more, I decided against the clone. I think I'll be ordering an H/V911 soon though. It looks like an easy step up from my starter 3ch coax.

What can I expect to be the biggest difference in flying experience between a single rotor 4ch and a typical 3ch coax?
You can expect:
- different controls as rudder moves to left stick, assuming std mode 2
- much faster response
- left drift on liftoff (compensate with right aileron)
- a bit less stable hover
- capable of light breeze, with practice
- batteries change out in a few seconds
- a lot more fun
- did I mention a lot more fun?

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:09 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,527 Posts
Well, I certainly hope the Tx is not Mode 1. If it is...well, it'll probably go back. From what I've read there's no way to configure a Mode 1 Tx for left throttle.

I just ordered an H911 from Amazon. Signed up for their credit card so I got a $30 discount. Great deal if you're good with credit cards (I am, never carry a balance). Guess I'll see what shows up.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:05 PM
Joined Feb 2013
17 Posts
i went from a 3 channel to the same h911 and it is awesome. it is pretty quick and a good stepping stone for getting ready for a 6 channel because controls are similar. is a liittle difficult learning rudder being on left stick but that is how my 6 channel is also. not sure if that can be changed or not, still trying to figure that out. i want to learn on real rc's and get better so im dealing with the change and am slowly getting it. but this site is very helpful and people on here are very helpful. i think once you get the hang of it, you will be happy you got it.
hustlertkc is offline Find More Posts by hustlertkc
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:37 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,527 Posts
The H911 was a great purchase an I would recommend it to anyone looking for a 4ch heli. I'm still waiting to feel that way about the Super CP I moved up to... (which is down now, so I'm back to flying the H911 around the LV...along with the virtual stuff in Phoenix).
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:55 PM
Still Crashing But Not As Much
United States, NY, Hempstead
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
I personally use the V911. This thing rocks!!! I've crashed this thing at least 50 times before I had to change the tail motor. And for like $10-$15, I got 5 spare motors. I took the liberty of buying 2 more bnf versions and a bulk pack of plastics (pretty much everything minus motors and rx) that consists of 16 kits for $12 shipped!!! For those of us who are still learning/crashing, this is a good choice. This thing can take a beating.
The Genie is offline Find More Posts by The Genie
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined Feb 2013
17 Posts
does anyone know if the v911 and the h911 are the same heli? looking at wl toys site they look the same just different graffics. the reason i ask is because i need to get some parts but there are no parts listed fopr h911, only the v911. again the parts look identical. can someone shine some light here? thanks in advance.
hustlertkc is offline Find More Posts by hustlertkc
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:29 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,527 Posts
The H911 is a genuine WL Toys V911 with Hero RC's special canopy and tail.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 09:36 AM
United States, IA, Oelwein
Joined Mar 2013
21 Posts
I bought the H911 and as of 4 days later haven't been able to trim it properly. I just ordered the V911 and am hoping it will be better! If it ain't then their both going into the trash.
jbumgar is offline Find More Posts by jbumgar
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:02 AM
Zipties and Velcro
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Mar 2013
595 Posts
It looks exactly like the V911. You can find a bit better of a price on ebay.but most are coming from China. Or go to Banggood.com. They have good prices and free shipping. Slow but free
Switchy is offline Find More Posts by Switchy
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:46 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbumgar View Post
I bought the H911 and as of 4 days later haven't been able to trim it properly. I just ordered the V911 and am hoping it will be better! If it ain't then their both going into the trash.

Just about every heli you buy will either need some small adjustment out of the box or after crashing. Don't give up before you even get started. The tinkering is part of the hobby and part of the fun.

Just click here and learn how to manually trim for hover as well as plenty of assistance from other owners.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:17 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbumgar View Post
What do you mean? You aren't able to get a stable hover? If it drifts, that's simple to adjust but if you have TBE ("Toilet Bowel Effect" - where it drifts up/down/sideways in a pattern), that could mean something is damaged. Mine was fine out of the box bit after a few weeks and some crashes, it developed TBE. It was back to rock stable when i put the spare flybar on, even though the original flybar shows no signs of damage.