HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:20 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Discussion
Super CP wont take off after crash.. cant figure out whats wrong.

I'm brand new to CP helis... I just got a super CP to graduate from a V911.

Had a fairly successful first day flying, got a fairly stable tail in hover going, and some basic movement. The copter seemed very smooth, responsive, and nice, but challenging.

The next day i was practicing some more, and it got out of hand and crashed behind me, i hit the throttle hold before it hit, and everything seemed fine, and ive had several similar crashes.

But now the heli wont take off. it spins up fine, and nothing seems broken, but it wont lift off anymore... it seems like maybe its not getting enough pitch? I get right to the point where it seems like it should be lifting off, and it makes a strange fluttering sound, and goes nowhere with full throttle.

Any ideas?
brandontw is offline Find More Posts by brandontw
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:35 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
Check the main gear. It tends to slide down in a crash.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:53 PM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Check the main gear. It tends to slide down in a crash.
There does appear to be a lot of up and down play on the shaft... but i don't know how much there is supposed to be...

Do i just push the main gear further on? is it just press fit? no screw?

EDIT: It does appear that the gear slipped down, i pressed it back into place, and its better, but something is still up...

now it seems to stick to the ground until like 3/4 throttle, then jump up suddenly, it also wants to tip forward and to the side for some reason...

any more ideas?
Last edited by brandontw; Feb 06, 2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Well, I'm almost positive i figured out the issue...

Stripped servo. The one thing i was worried about and it happened only on the 4th battery.

One of the servos is sticking and not acting like the others. I just put in an ebay order for one from china, so i guess i'm out of commission for another couple weeks.

I might order up another from someone else just to have a spare, and it looks like the servo-saver mod is going to be needed.

Anyway... just posting to let others that might be in this situation know. Stripped servo on the Walkera Super CP on day 2 of ownership... not too impressed.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:05 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
How fast are you with the throttle hold? Do you get to it before the heli touches the ground? Do you still have the habit of throttling down when you're about to crash?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:35 PM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
How fast are you with the throttle hold? Do you get to it before the heli touches the ground? Do you still have the habit of throttling down when you're about to crash?
Pretty fast with the throttle hold... almost always get it before it hits.

And yes i still have the habit of throttling down before a crash... trying to break it, but hardly got a chance with only three battery packs under my belt.