HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Hinckley Bill, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:30 AM
United States, IL, Hinckley
Joined Mar 2003
74 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Sold
NIB Extreme Skymaster F-5

Well I was a bad boy and picked up a new RTF jet yesterday....

Momma says, "When one comes in one better be going out"....so here's what's up for sale

A NIB Extreme Skymaster F-5 jet kit.....white gelcoat so that you can do your own scheme. I was actually going to do the Moose Squadron version shown here

Includes the kit, landing gear, cockpit, exhaust pipe......basically everything you need to get started and have the bird ready for that first spring fly-in

Asking price for the whole shooting match....$1700

I'll consider shipping at your expense

Here's the link to Skymaster's website.

http://www.skymasterjet.com/f5.htm

I'll have pictures later on this evening

Thanks for looking

Bill
Hinckley Bill is online now Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Last edited by Hinckley Bill; Feb 07, 2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Pics added
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:19 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I've looking for someone wanting to sell the Skymaster T-38. Do you think the F-5 could be modified a bit to look enough like a T-38 (ie dual cockpit, bigger canopy, etc.)? Or is that something that is probably not advisable? Where is the F-5 located? Thanks...
wehrcg01 is offline Find More Posts by wehrcg01
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:02 AM
Joined Mar 2003
74 Posts
Hmmmm....not sure of the mod to T-38.

Take a look at the photos I'm attaching to the ad.

Airframe is in Illinois but I travel to Pennsylvania once a month so it would be closer to you (relatively speaking).
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:07 AM
Joined Mar 2003
74 Posts
It appears that modification to a T-38 isn't that big of a deal....got the information below from this website: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...read.main/159/

There is no difference between the T-38 and F-5 except that the T-38 is a two seater training version

There are a few other ways to tell them apart.

In the T-38, the outer part of the inlets are angled, in the F-5 they are straight up then curve forward.

Unlike the F-5, the T-38 does not have wingtip tracks/hardpoints/fuel tanks.

Due to the 2 man cockpit (which is the best feature for telling them apart), the T-38s nose curves up slightly, while the F-5's (except for the RF-5E...but don't worry about that plane) nose is essentially straight.
Closed Thread