HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:35 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobot View Post
gimme a coupla days and i will do an x4 to mini pet vid bruv slight delay on pix as camera is on the fritz
Thanks mate! I wanted to ask, it means the Mini Pet kept its flying characteristics, and the X1 is just the "bridge" to the 9X? I mean does the Mini Pet use the RX of X1 only or the gyro etc as well?
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Thanks mate! I wanted to ask, it means the Mini Pet kept its flying characteristics, and the X1 is just the "bridge" to the 9X? I mean does the Mini Pet use the RX of X1 only or the gyro etc as well?
it made the mini pet more stable and precise for me i feel the mini pet board drifts too much for an auto leveling controller? you use the whole x1 board reds live green ground black is ground for lights, i wired in a resister from an xmas light loom in most you will find a resister thats works in the battery box but if you want the lights to flash use one of the resister that are in some lights soldered right next to each of the lights (might not have any thre depends on brand) poundland UK shop always have lights at xmas time and halloween or all year round in the hen night sorta section lol
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:00 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,408 Posts
I used battery operated christmas lights on one of my quads. 20 lights for $4.50, red, yellow, orange, blue, and green, still have 16 left. The resistor in the battery pack was rather large, so I robbed an appropriate resistor from an old piece of electronics. put a micro switch connected straight to the battery terminals and CAed on the frame to turn it off and on. It is the most visible night flier I have
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:13 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Here you go...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
...if you have 9X radio, with this module you can bind all DSM2 RX.
I would be careful about this module.
Here is a long thread about complications with it:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1770202&pp=100

My memory is that one of the complications was that with a 9X radio, the channel order does not come out correctly (is most important with ultra-micro airplanes and heli's, where you cannot change which servo uses which channel).
This complication may still exist.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
I would be careful about this module.
Here is a long thread about complications with it:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1770202&pp=100

My memory is that one of the complications was that with a 9X radio, the channel order does not come out correctly (is most important with ultra-micro airplanes and heli's, where you cannot change which servo uses which channel).
This complication may still exist.
OK Mate, I don't have any experience with this module, just remembered that it exist... I have chosen the FrSky way for the custom birdies...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:27 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:
it made the mini pet more stable and precise for me i feel the mini pet board drifts too much for an auto leveling controller? you use the whole x1 board reds live green ground black is ground for lights, i wired in a resister from an xmas light loom in most you will find a resister thats works in the battery box but if you want the lights to flash use one of the resister that are in some lights soldered right next to each of the lights (might not have any thre depends on brand) poundland UK shop always have lights at xmas time and halloween or all year round in the hen night sorta section lol
I'm a visual type of person...so we will see...

by the way the props test had a really surprising result, I have thought that the differences between the 4 brands will be minimal...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
I'm a visual type of person...so we will see...

by the way the props test had a really surprising result, I have thought that the differences between the 4 brands will be minimal...
what did you test? and the results? wasnt by any chance mini pet props tht shone was it??
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:
what did you test? and the results? wasnt by any chance mini pet props tht shone was it??
H36, Walkera LB, HeliMax 1SQ..and...aaaand Mini Pet!
Tomorrow I will post the test.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
H36, Walkera LB, HeliMax 1SQ..and...aaaand Mini Pet!
Tomorrow I will post the test.
great stuff i look forward to my morning read
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:10 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
I have ordered at "Day 0" and finally the status of my order has changed to "Shipped", so its on the way...

...I should be strong and keep the maiden flight protocol...check settings, the mood of the bird...something like this: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e5_1360811236
Last edited by bulesz; Feb 14, 2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:33 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
I have ordered at "Day 0" and finally the status of my order has changed to "Shipped", so its on the way...

...I should be strong and keep the maiden flight protocol...check settings, the mood of the bird...something like this: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e5_1360811236
lol now thats funny right there! lol im here with tears in my eyes laughing "ariel chicken dance mixed with caveman gorilla going apes%^$ in the trees above and then the dead weight coming back to earth bit lol classic!

have to admit though when i saw him spool up in that small space so close to the main blades i thought "he must be a really good pilot to attempt that!" then he took off (so to speak) NEWB

very entertaining

now wheres the prop info?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:41 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:

now wheres the prop info?
I want to make two measurement (timing) before post, I guess at 2PM I could share the "knowledge"
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
I want to make two measurement (timing) before post, I guess at 2PM I could share the "knowledge"
nice
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:16 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,324 Posts
Quote:
FF - Funny Fake
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:18 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,429 Posts
Quote:
nice
The differrence between MP vs 1SQ was sooo big, so I have to repeat the test for making it sure! I will post it tonite.