HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:26 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque roll View Post
I'm normally a scratch builder and am new to the micro quad community. I have a DX7, and I will likely get a 9XR in the future, but I'm just not willing to shell out the $ for an MQX.

I don't want a cheapo quad that will be outdated after 30 seconds, however. I guess it could best be said that I need a mini/micro quad that has good flight performance and parts availability. Radio compatibility is also something I'm looking at more closely now because I'm looking to replace my DX7 and Spektrum dependence.
I suggest you to stay tuned for a few days (around 10), after that we will have more details about the flying characteristics of this bird.

So do you plan to hop on to the FlySky 9X / Turnigy 9XR train from the Spektrum, or keep them both?

The funny thing is I have chosen FlySky TH9X because I plan to build a quad from scratch based on the great FrSky telemetry RX/TX pair, and needed something cheaper/smaller bird to practice first...so I have chosen the V949 (Twister Quad) and the H36 in the micro class, because they are 9X compatible.

I will give a chance to the QBOT, but the thing I really want to know is the AILERON/ELEVATOR reaction time. I mean when you go ffw, and pull it back, how fast can move the body to the opposite direction.

Since I have seen the huuuuuuge difference between the X4 (it was nearly PROMPTLY!) and the H36 (lazy) I have aimed to get something agile and "goodboy" in the same time (like the X4) WITH the 9X compatibility.

If the QBOT will disappoint me, I will sell all of my micro quads and build my scratch...
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:14 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,791 Posts
Quote:
I'm normally a scratch builder and am new to the micro quad community. I have a DX7, and I will likely get a 9XR in the future, but I'm just not willing to shell out the $ for an MQX.
If you want DSM2 compatability, one way to do this is to buy an mQx board (about US$35 from various vendors on ebay, etc.) and connect it to various frames, booms and arms to build a hybrid.

For example, this thread connects the board to an mQx frame (about US$3) and Walkera Ladybird arms, motors and props (about US$25 from Banggood.com):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647401

Some electrical connectors between the board and motor wires may also be needed (some just tin and glue the motor wires to the board sockets).
I have built one of these and find it a little small for me to see.

If you are interested in mQx size, one option is to buy a BNF v929 (less than US$40 from Banggood.com), which is an mQx clone. Then replace the v929 board with an mQx board (same screw hole placement). Again, some electrical connectors between the board and motor wires may be needed.
I have yet to do this (bought my mQx before the v929 came out), but I have been using v929 parts as replacement parts for my mQx (so far: frame, prop gear, prop shaft bearing).

There are also some boards that are Walkera Ladybird size that can handle DSM2. I have only read about these.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:59 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
If you want DSM2 compatability, one way to do this is to buy an mQx board (about US$35 from various vendors on ebay, etc.) and connect it to various frames, booms and arms to build a hybrid.

For example, this thread connects the board to an mQx frame (about US$3) and Walkera Ladybird arms, motors and props (about US$25 from Banggood.com):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647401

Some electrical connectors between the board and motor wires may also be needed (some just tin and glue the motor wires to the board sockets).
I have built one of these and find it a little small for me to see.

If you are interested in mQx size, one option is to buy a BNF v929 (less than US$40 from Banggood.com), which is an mQx clone. Then replace the v929 board with an mQx board (same screw hole placement). Again, some electrical connectors between the board and motor wires may be needed.
I have yet to do this (bought my mQx before the v929 came out), but I have been using v929 parts as replacement parts for my mQx (so far: frame, prop gear, prop shaft bearing).

There are also some boards that are Walkera Ladybird size that can handle DSM2. I have only read about these.
That's a cool idea. Unfortunately, the whole attraction of a micro quad for me was the get out and go factor right out of the box. I've pretty much abandoned DSM2. Every time I buy something, Spektrum comes out with something that renders all my new technology obsolete. I don't want to pay the "new" spectrum price, so I'm in a bit of a jam. I'll probably keep using both, but a brownout at 300 ft. on a balsa trainer was all it took for me to make my decision. I'm waiting For Hobbyking to release the 9XR with the Turnigy module.
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:21 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Quote:
That's a cool idea. Unfortunately, the whole attraction of a micro quad for me was the get out and go factor right out of the box. I've pretty much abandoned DSM2. Every time I buy something, Spektrum comes out with something that renders all my new technology obsolete. I don't want to pay the "new" spectrum price, so I'm in a bit of a jam. I'll probably keep using both, but a brownout at 300 ft. on a balsa trainer was all it took for me to make my decision. I'm waiting For Hobbyking to release the 9XR with the Turnigy module.
You won't disappoint in the 9X, but if you plan to get something more serious after the "training" period, I would skip the default turnigy/flysky module (if you buy the micro QBOT you don't need it!) and get the FrSky Telemetry RX/TX pair for the scratch birds (it has around 2,5 km solid range w/o booster!!).
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Module_RX.html

My brother was a Spektrum guy, but after I have shown him this "option", he sold his DSM2 kit....(DX6i + Spektrum RX) ...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:06 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,055 Posts
It would be nice if HK came out with a Spektrum TX clone that also worked with the Spektrum DSM2 RXs as well as the Orange RXs.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:33 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
It would be nice if HK came out with a Spektrum TX clone that also worked with the Spektrum DSM2 RXs as well as the Orange RXs.
Here you go...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
...if you have 9X radio, with this module you can bind all DSM2 RX.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobot View Post
lol funny i just cooked dinner in a wok too
### OFF

Master Chef,

Could you make a photo about how did you connect the X1 RX board to the Mini Pet board? Just came to my mind, but maybe we could connect with the same method the X1 board and the Hubsan X4 board... ????

Cheerz,
B.

### /OFF
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:33 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Actually they did. Here's the Spektrum TX. You just gotta live with the orange or paint it.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...y_Mode_2_.html
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:51 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Edited the first post: added a new pic of the micro QBOT...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:45 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Actually they did. Here's the Spektrum TX. You just gotta live with the orange or paint it.

Thanks for that. It's nice. Well you will not loose it in the long grass.
Does HK supply it with sun glasses?
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:09 PM
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Edited the first post: added a new pic of the micro QBOT...
Does that mean it's in your possession?
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:19 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,039 Posts
I heard the little Lego people has it and currently giving it a once over.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:

OMG someone tangoed the TX

Hey Doreen/Marine Tango Slap (0 min 33 sec)
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:15 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Nope, it's taken from HK...

Quote:
I heard the little Lego people has it and currently giving it a once over.
They are currently busy with the micro quad props test... I will post it tomorrow...
Last edited by bulesz; Feb 13, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
### OFF

Master Chef,

Could you make a photo about how did you connect the X1 RX board to the Mini Pet board? Just came to my mind, but maybe we could connect with the same method the X1 board and the Hubsan X4 board... ????

Cheerz,
B.

### /OFF
gimme a coupla days and i will do an x4 to mini pet vid bruv slight delay on pix as camera is on the fritz
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)