HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:41 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
There will be another surprise for those who have the Turnigy 9X....to could make the module working, the current TX module need to be unplugged...and because of the brilliant/clever/smart wired design of the Turnigy 9X TX module, it will be PITA....
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Last edited by bulesz; Feb 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
There will be another surprise those who have the Turnigy 9X....to could make the module working, the current TX module need to be unplugged...and because of the brilliant/clever/smart wired design of the Turnigy 9X TX module, it will be PITA....
i wonder if that means we could wire it internally like we did for the "frysky?" modules, if that works i think i also read where someone wired a switch inline and had both the internal module and the external module linked up and chose which to use via a simple switch

i got my beeper on a switch so i could program the tx without having to worry about "beep"beep"beep" "beep" disturbing the missus fave telly lol i,e while you wait for the gear to arrive you could do the audio mod to your 9x to get a feel for soldering to that board (if i remember right its the same board you solder your ppm to) and while open maybe solder up some wires for the connection to the module and if all goes well for you you are competent enough to solder 6 more wires to the main board with a connector so you could flash custom firmware to the 9x (making the audio mod kinda pointless as you can play with audio via er9x software) which will make life very interesting

might be a bit of a learning curve for some (it really isn't so bad) but just keep thinking "i only have to get it right once!"
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:21 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobot View Post
i wonder if that means we could wire it internally like we did for the "frysky?" modules, if that works i think i also read where someone wired a switch inline and had both the internal module and the external module linked up and chose which to use via a simple switch

i got my beeper on a switch so i could program the tx without having to worry about "beep"beep"beep" "beep" disturbing the missus fave telly lol i,e while you wait for the gear to arrive you could do the audio mod to your 9x to get a feel for soldering to that board (if i remember right its the same board you solder your ppm to) and while open maybe solder up some wires for the connection to the module and if all goes well for you you are competent enough to solder 6 more wires to the main board with a connector so you could flash custom firmware to the 9x (making the audio mod kinda pointless as you can play with audio via er9x software) which will make life very interesting

might be a bit of a learning curve for some (it really isn't so bad) but just keep thinking "i only have to get it right once!"
Because of the stupid wired TX module I have chosen the FlySky TH9X over the Turnigy 9X...so it wont be my problem, just wanted to inform the fellaz with Turnigy 9X...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Because of the stupid wired TX module I have chosen the FlySky TH9X over the Turnigy 9X...so it wont be my problem, just wanted to inform the fellaz with Turnigy 9X...
do you mean the way the ariel is soldered locking the module in place so to speak?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:17 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,547 Posts
Wonder why it has to be removed. The PPM signal is still coming out of the trainer port, so what gives?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:28 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Wonder why it has to be removed. The PPM signal is still coming out of the trainer port, so what gives?
It there is a TX module plugged in, the trainer port is not working properly at the 9X as I have red in the QBOT discussions. So if you have TH9X or 9XR just unplug the TX module and enjoy... but if you have Turnigy 9X, you will be "happy" with that wired antenna.... = ...cant remove the TX module...
so need to make this mod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=C-6upAsvt7w

Quote:
do you mean the way the ariel is soldered locking the module in place so to speak?
Indeed...at the Turnigy 9X you can't remove the default TX module, because the antenna is wired inside the radio...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:43 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,547 Posts
Oh that's just lousy. I don't want to wear out the pins every time I want to fly this bird. I might cancel my order.

So how about the 9xr using the Futaba port. Same problem? I guess I can always sell it here in the classifieds. I wanted it for the module for an upcoming V922 BNF. But heck, I need that like a hole in the head.
Last edited by shahram72; Feb 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:15 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Oh that's just lousy. I don't want to wear out the pins every time I want to fly this bird. I might cancel my order.

So how about the 9xr using the Futaba port. Same problem? I guess I can always sell it here in the classifieds. I wanted it for the module for an upcoming V922 BNF. But heck, I need that like a hole in the head.
You can mod your radio as I have mentioned above, to make the trainer port work with a TX module plugged in...so you wont have to remove the module each time you want to fly using the HT8 module...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:45 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,117 Posts
Hacksmods have photos detailing that resistor mod. However, I believe er9x firmware also render that mod unnecessary when setting the model for PPMSIM.

If given a choice, the Th9x is the radio to get over the Turnigy. Simply because the antenna is on the rear module. With one exception. The HobbyPartz, Xheli, NitroPlane version of the TH9x has the same issue as the Turnigy. Antenna on top and wire routing to the rear module.

So when recommending the TH9x, make sure people are aware of that fact.

I think these days, the 9Xr with the built in backlight, er9x firmware variant and programming ports is the way to go. Buy the th9x FlySky module on eBay for an additional $20 if you need FlySky compatibility.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:47 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,193 Posts
Quote:
No, I'm gonna bet that bigger Qbot is WL Toys made and Flysky protocol, just looking at the Tx. But there is always the 939 for 9x users and MQX for DSM users. You have one of those?
All of the mentioned. Why do you ask?
Quote:
+1 for the little surcharge to have no worries about changing any modules.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
You can mod your radio as I have mentioned above, to make the trainer port work with a TX module plugged in...so you wont have to remove the module each time you want to fly using the HT8 module...
if your worried about removing the module you could just solder direct to the module itself use the same 1k from the other vid or surface mount if you want to do the same as below

Turnigy 9X Trainer Port Resistor Fix (in wireless module) (7 min 7 sec)

i do something like this to the module as soon as a new 9x comes in the house lol

Turnigy 9X Antenna Hack (Allows complete removal of the 2.4GHz Wireless Module) (12 min 25 sec)

only i prefer to solder a rp-sma connector so i can screw on any 2.4ghz antenna i fancy

i,e my 9x currently has a patch antenna on the stock module

HJ997 Mini Pet Quadcopter turnigy 9x N3M1S1S (1 min 22 sec)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:12 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
i,e my 9x currently has a patch antenna on the stock module

http://youtu.be/s5MvPc0SlmY
geeeez, mate a WOK dish was stuck to the back of your radio!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:38 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,547 Posts
OK, well I have ER9x and a 9xr, so shouldn't I be able to set this setting under model settings? So no mod is necessary. It's just not compatible with a stock T9x. I was planning to use this with my 9xr that is on the way, but I also have a T9x with ER9x installed.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
geeeez, mate a WOK dish was stuck to the back of your radio!
lol funny i just cooked dinner in a wok too
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Quote:
No, I'm gonna bet that bigger Qbot is WL Toys made and Flysky protocol, just looking at the Tx. But there is always the 939 for 9x users and MQX for DSM users. You have one of those?
I'm normally a scratch builder and am new to the micro quad community. I have a DX7, and I will likely get a 9XR in the future, but I'm just not willing to shell out the $ for an MQX.

I don't want a cheapo quad that will be outdated after 30 seconds, however. I guess it could best be said that I need a mini/micro quad that has good flight performance and parts availability. Radio compatibility is also something I'm looking at more closely now because I'm looking to replace my DX7 and Spektrum dependence.
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll