SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:34 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
I don't know which version of the module will be, but if we will be lucky there will be an option to use its own battery...finger crossed...
I thought the blurb said it has its own rechargeable battery. If so why the need to use the TX? I will be using my DX6i, but I will not use the TX batteries. If there is no batts in the module, I shall make a seperately pack for it which will be attached to it, (Velcro).
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:54 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I thought the blurb said it has its own rechargeable battery. If so why the need to use the TX? I will be using my DX6i, but I will not use the TX batteries. If there is no batts in the module, I shall make a seperately pack for it which will be attached to it, (Velcro).
Yeye, same here, I mean if we could feed it from a separated battery, I wont allow to connect this dangerous hooligan to my beloved little 9X...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:02 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
wow youwill have alot of sruff velcroed to you tx. you'll look like a one man band
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:57 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Oops, so better waiting for the first reports of the "volunteers"...

Beware mate! I have ordered a 1SQ canopy before got any microquad because I wanted to use it, and after like 3 semi crashes it has cracked! So it looks really nice, but fragile!
Yes, I expect problems like that. I don't crash much anymore, partly from learning to fly a bit better and partly from being too old to try some of the on the edge stuff that creates most crashes. I still enjoy flying them though and tweaking them in some simple ways.

The Heli-Max 1SQ canopy can't even take being removed from the frame more than 5 or 6 times without breaking at the mounting points. I assume the NineEagles Alien canopy will be just as weak there?

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Yeye, same here, I mean if we could feed it from a separated battery, I wont allow to connect this dangerous hooligan to my beloved little 9X...
au contraire, my friend - it is better imho to hook the module to your TX - you will have a low voltage alarm in the TX - this minimises the risk of loosing contact due to a suddenly spent extra module battery.
If you power your TX with an adequate batt - like a FiFePo one - you will have enough running time.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:11 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
au contraire, my friend - it is better imho to hook the module to your TX - you will have a low voltage alarm in the TX - this minimises the risk of loosing contact due to a suddenly spent extra module battery.
If you power your TX with an adequate batt - like a FiFePo one - you will have enough running time.

-mike-
why is not easier to hack the cable of the module? I mean I would do that instead of hacking the 9X itself for this module...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:39 PM
MikeMT
United States, Mt, Billings
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post

-mike-
This module is basically the same as the Anylink TX I use to run my Great Planes micro F-86. It doesnt have a separate battery and it really doesnt use that much of the battery anyway.
http://www.tx-ready.com/how-it-works.html
nacho2059 is offline Find More Posts by nacho2059
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:03 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho2059 View Post
This module is basically the same as the Anylink TX I use to run my Great Planes micro F-86. It doesnt have a separate battery and it really doesnt use that much of the battery anyway.
http://www.tx-ready.com/how-it-works.html
The Anylink has nothing to do with the HK-module.
It is a rebranded HiSKY HT8 V2.
And yes - it has no built in batt. But several people rather want to hook a separate batt to it before "risking" to brick their precious TX. I just said it wouldn't be a good idea.
To solder an adapter may be a way, though.

-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:28 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
Mike...
this particular iteration of the HiSky module has an internal power supply switch on it, different to the HiSky branded module. The QBot manual says at the end of section 4...
Notice
1. There is one 3.7 V Lipo Battery sealed in the RF Module. If the radio controller you use can supply the power to the RF Module, please turn off the sealed battery to off-status.

The other features of the module appear to be the same as the HiSky as far as I can tell.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:35 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
Mike...
this particular iteration of the HiSky module has an internal power supply switch on it, different to the HiSky branded module. The QBot manual says at the end of section 4...
Notice
1. There is one 3.7 V Lipo Battery sealed in the RF Module. If the radio controller you use can supply the power to the RF Module, please turn off the sealed battery to off-status.

The other features of the module appear to be the same as the HiSky as far as I can tell.
The HiSky 8 has a switch.
http://www.hobbyeurope.com/images/de...isky-adapt.jpg

Same user manual text like HK's:
http://www.hobbyeurope.com/images/de...y/hisky-ad.jpg

So I stand corrected - it is a rebranded HiSky 8 V3 module we are speaking of.

-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:19 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
Yes, it's curious that there are these different versions of it.
The HT8 manual I have shows a module without any visible switch or any mention of an internal battery.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:43 PM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
So, will the included module bind with anything besides the micro Q bot? The slightly larger mini Q bot for instance?
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:57 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,770 Posts
I am hoping the V922/Turnigy FBL100. Supposedly Aaron at banggood.com is working on getting the V922 in a BNF. If not I will sell it.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:40 AM
A Texan abroad
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I am hoping the V922/Turnigy FBL100. Supposedly Aaron at banggood.com is working on getting the V922 in a BNF. If not I will sell it.
That would be awesome if it binded to the FBL100 and larger Q bot. I don't really feel like going to the hassle of pluging in and attaching a module just to fly ONE multirotor. Of course, I would be much more sold on the product if it binded to something else. . .
torque roll is offline Find More Posts by torque roll
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:58 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,770 Posts
No, I'm gonna bet that bigger Qbot is WL Toys made and Flysky protocol, just looking at the Tx. But there is always the 939 for 9x users and MQX for DSM users. You have one of those?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72