SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:22 PM
United States, MI, Hartland
Joined Sep 2009
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3mo View Post
I had the exact same issue. In my case I had to take out the battery from the module (just turning the battery off by the switch doesn't fix this).
Thanks n3mo!! That does it!! Remove the lipo from the tx module, then the quad led stays solid, seems to work correctly. (The lights on the tx module were not blinking or anything, just solid.) Let's go play!!!
daklein is offline Find More Posts by daklein
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:31 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hmmm, the question is why are your modules doing that dropout? Is the lipo dead and the charging circuit is drawing too much from the Tx circuit? The module that I am using on my Futaba 9c works fine with the lipo in the module and the module switch is off per the instructions when it is powered from the Tx. Any way good that you found a solution.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by daklein View Post
Thanks n3mo!! That does it!! Remove the lipo from the tx module, then the quad led stays solid, seems to work correctly. (The lights on the tx module were not blinking or anything, just solid.) Let's go play!!!
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:40 PM
Joined Dec 2007
34 Posts
Today received my QBot, no problem at all...its binds to my Spektrum DX7 inmediately...to bind you have to close the quad to your transmitter...A very quick quad...very similar to 1SQ Helimax...its stable but the accelerometer is very poor...it dont work pretty well.
Hope this helps...
evo5 is offline Find More Posts by evo5
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:41 PM
United States, MI, Hartland
Joined Sep 2009
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hmmm, the question is why are your modules doing that dropout? Is the lipo dead and.
The 1s lipo removed from the tx module was not charged fully. It is at 3.8v now when checking it. Maybe the tx module runs off the lipo even when powered by the transmitter power, and 3.8 is too low to work well.

By the way, to get it to bind, putting the tx within only a couple inches of the quad got it to link the first time. Tried quite a few times before seeing that hint here.
daklein is offline Find More Posts by daklein
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:15 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueqd View Post
(what is sideways stick called with quads? aileron seems so wrong)
roll?
Some people use some term like "roll cyclic", but then quads do not really have cyclic either, unlike helicopters with a swashplate.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:36 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
roll?
Some people use some term like "roll cyclic", but then quads do not really have cyclic either, unlike helicopters with a swashplate.
why not staying with aileron,elevator, throttle, rudder?
It's used in TXes as well.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:01 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
-mike-
One could.
Some may object because some of the terms are named after airplane parts. Aileron in particular, is named after the surface commonly used in airplanes for roll control (an alternative for example is to warp the wing instead, like with the Wright brothers). Elevator is also somewhat airplane specific.

Helicopters often prefer the term cyclic (how helicopters have roll and (nose up/down) pitch control) over ailerons and elevator, but cyclic refers to the swashplate changing the blade pitch (for roll and pitch control) as the main rotor spins around. This is also absent in quads.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:44 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,553 Posts
Guys, the chinglish manual is totally not clear to me...it says, that can charge the TX module LiPo without removing the house and plug the TX module directly to the charger... ????

I just don't want to do any stupid until get my servo cable, but removing the LiPo is pain in the arsh... so it is true? and if yes, how could I connect it safely?

??

Cheerz,
B

Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
Hey bulesz, glad to see your Q-Bot has arrived & is working Link away mate, it all gets lost in there otherwise.

I do get strange lag sometimes too, I think it happens mostly when I give rapid inputs.
I tried it outdoors today with the ladybird props & its a little rocket! fast forward flight seems improved but it was not as windy today, it is holding in noticeably steeper banking angles.
Thanks mate, just put your servo cable instructions to the First Post!
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:45 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
-mike-
+1, I have figured out yesterday...roll = AILERON, pitch = ELEVATOR.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:49 AM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2013
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Guys, the chinglish manual is totally not clear to me...it says, that can charge the TX module LiPo without removing the house and plug the TX module directly to the charger... ????

I just don't want to do any stupid until get my servo cable, but removing the LiPo is pain in the arsh... so it is true? and if yes, how could I connect it safely?
ROFL, "without removing the house"

I suspect that charging lead is one end USB, other end 3 pin polarized servo style connector that connects to the module. Because that's the only cable I don't have in my set with V2 module, without LiPo. Seen this cable on the banggood photograph:
Andres987 is offline Find More Posts by Andres987
Last edited by Andres987; Mar 10, 2013 at 07:54 AM. Reason: picture added
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:27 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres987 View Post
ROFL, "without removing the house"

I suspect that charging lead is one end USB, other end 3 pin polarized servo style connector that connects to the module. Because that's the only cable I don't have in my set with V2 module, without LiPo. Seen this cable on the banggood photograph:
interesting. my Q-Bot DID NOT include this charge cable.
there's no mention of in the chinglish instructions either.

i have just been removing the battery and charging it with the flight battery charger.

on an unrelated note, does anyone know where i can get replacement motor's from ?

i have a damaged one from one of my many inverted "landings"

Jason.
Exaturbo is offline Find More Posts by Exaturbo
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:28 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,553 Posts
Thanks to make it clear, BECAUSE THAT CABLE IS MISSING FROM THE HK PACKAGE!!!!

Again: unfknbelievable ho undemanding are they....the HK sells the LiPo version of the TX module...in the lame user manual is about how to charge the LiPo "in da house" ( ), BUT there is no cable for that... congratulation HK....pff...
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:32 AM
Estonia
Joined Feb 2013
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaturbo View Post
on an unrelated note, does anyone know where i can get replacement motor's from ?

Jason.
The only place I found props in stock (and there were motors also there, both motor only and arm+motor assemblies) is this:
http://www.throttlestore.com/multico...9.aspx?lang=EN

But looking at your location
This shop is in Norway, very close for me and far from you. Prices also are not quite chinese.

Part numbers they're listing (800051 positive motor and 800052 inverted motor) looks like the ones from manual.
Andres987 is offline Find More Posts by Andres987
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:43 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,553 Posts
Quote:
interesting. my Q-Bot DID NOT include this charge cable.
there's no mention of in the chinglish instructions either.

i have just been removing the battery and charging it with the flight battery charger.

Jason.
I know, understanding "chinglish" is difficult... there is on page 7th at section 3rd...

Quote:

Jason.
This is the cheapest 7mm motor combo:

http://www.tmart.com/2Pcs-M302-16-Ma...r_p156341.html

Or try the any 7mm motors at BG.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:53 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2012
127 Posts
@Andreas897

Thanks for the link. I'm hopeless at soldering stuff, so I'll probably grab some spare arms with motors and plugs already attached.

@bulesz, thanks for the link to the motors. I should have been more specific.
As I stated, I can't solder wires and plugs that small so I'll have to grab the complete motor / arm assembly.

Also, when I said no mention in the manual, I was talking about the charge lead for the module.
It's not mentioned or pictured apart from where it talks about charging the module.
I just figured to remove the battery and use the included flight battery charger.

Jason.
Exaturbo is offline Find More Posts by Exaturbo