HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:22 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
I didn't have the tracking number, but the item has arrived... I think this issue could be because of the "post" Chinese New Year rush...
Same with me - I finally got the H36 board I ordered Jan. 2nd at banggood!!!
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Casal C6P Charger Review
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:23 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,156 Posts
Mate for what r u using the Magic Cube with the TH9X?
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:44 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,965 Posts
Quote:
Mate for what r u using the Magic Cube with the TH9X?
QR LB V1
had one for short time - its last flight ended between the fangs of one of my German Shepherds.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Casal C6P Charger Review
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:52 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
QR LB V1
had one for short time - its last flight ended between the fangs of one of my German Shepherds.

-mike-
ehhe...then need another adapter for the dogs as well...

We have Hovawarts, I guess I have to make my quads to "saliva/lick-proof" to survive the adventure with the dogs...
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:11 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc, Prostejov
Joined Nov 2010
7 Posts
Hello guys,
my Q-bot arrived this afternoon. After a long time of trying to bind it I found out the range where it gets connected is 5 cm approx..
Not a good distance to fly :-/ Any ideas what to do now pls?
KPav
kpav is offline Find More Posts by kpav
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:38 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpav View Post
Hello guys,
my Q-bot arrived this afternoon. After a long time of trying to bind it I found out the range where it gets connected is 5 cm approx..
Not a good distance to fly :-/ Any ideas what to do now pls?
KPav
I bet to the low power of the TX module...with what radio would you use?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
227 Posts
Does anyone know if the tx module for the q-bot can be used to control a V929 beetle as well?
eirikso is offline Find More Posts by eirikso
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:14 PM
Joined Nov 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
I bet to the low power of the TX module...with what radio would you use?
TH9X, but problem will be elsewhere, I think :-)
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
7 Posts
Hooray My Q-bot is flying. My problem was the input voltage for Q's Tx. I tryied to power it from its internal Lipo, then the signal range was about 5cm. Now I power it from 2cell and it works :-)
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:01 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,031 Posts
does your black box have a jack

My Qbot came with a USB cord with a standard "phone" connector on the other end, to charge the lipo in the box. But, my box doesn't have an input jack. I had to take the lipo out and charge it with the usb connector that I use for the flight batteries. Maybe they forgot the input jack on the black box?
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:04 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpav View Post
TH9X, but problem will be elsewhere, I think :-)
Yes I know, thats why I said the "TX module" of the QBOT....because the power cable is not fit directly to the TH9X, need change the polarity and it will work like a charm...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:53 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
5,834 Posts
I got my Q-Bot today. I had done a language course in Chinglish, so I managed to get the thing functioning. I am using a DX6i, I had to reverse the throttle. It still needs trimming but I found it difficult to do indoors as it full powers up to the ceiling.
Can someone confirm that with the DX6i and the lead that came with the Q-Bot, that the power part of the lead needs to be reversed?
The internal battery is working OK but I find that when I remove the module from the back of the DX6i it leaves the battery cover attached by the Velcro.
I did not get a charge lead for the internal battery. No big deal as it can be charged with the my other micro quads chargers.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:31 AM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,031 Posts
d6x8 and qbot

I don't know if you fly mode 1 or 2. In the U.S., we use 2 and I had to reverse channels 1,2,3,5. Leave 4 normal.

I found that I had to unplug the battery in the module and charge it with the same charger I use for flight batteries. With Spektrum transmitters and Futaba, the battery in the module is not needed because you power it from the transmitter. Also, DO NOT turn on the transmitter. The module turns it on for you. Be sure to plug in the power plug to the transmitter first, and unplug it last.

And, yes, it has 2 speeds. stop and "to the ceiling". I may try setting it up as a helicopter so I can add a throttle curve to smooth it out.

Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:44 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
847 Posts
My hisky FF120 landed today, hobbyeurope just sneaked it in 10 days It did come with a RA CN tracking number which i dont think is HK EMS?
There was a litttle bit of drama getting the v2 HT8 module to work with the 9X but all is now well. I have it all plugged into the rear module header with a servo plug & not using the trainer port at all.

It flew great on a fresh heli model slot & stock settings, I just had to reverse the elevator, throttle & rudder channels. As Flypoppa said, full throttle & it just hits the roof, the throttle is nice & linear, its just there is a LOT more oomph than the v202 im used to.
First impressions, its very smooth to fly, it looks & feels high quality, at low speed the cyclic feels pretty tame to me on 100% with no expo but it still has good throw for speed, I cant even full bore it across the living room like the v202 yet, the hisky feels faster.
It does not auto level, If you hold it by hand & spin the motors up then apply elevator it will hold that attitude while you are holding it & not give up! Props are really thin & bendy, I can see them shattering in a good crash. It still needs trimming, im hoping that will go better than with the v202 but overall im very happy so far
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My first little Multiwii quad
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:57 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,156 Posts
Nice! And thanks guys for the detailed info! Happy flying!

@limmacslim: mate, are you using the battery or the power cable for the TX module?

Cheerz,
B.