HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
Sorry I didnt mean to sound so blunt & now long winded lol, my last banggood order took around 3 weeks to arrive so if hobbyeurope have indeed sent it by HK EMS I am sure it will be here a bit quicker.

I have always avoided hobbyking's china warehouse because of the high shipping costs & the numerous tales of bad experiences with long shipping times. With that in mind hobbyeurope have decent prices on some stuff, promise to dispatch quick (which they apparently did, it took 3 days because I ordered just before the weekend) & decent shipping costs with HK EMS so they got my sale

they say "parcels will take from 3-10 days to reach any customer on the planet."
I meant by my comment I would not hold them to that as its not really in their control & 10 days may be optimistic, all hobbyeurope can do is use a decent carrier which they apparently do.

On their contact us page
"There is no need in asking for tracking numbers. These will be sent customers by email, usually two to three days after shipping. This is due to the use of Chinese shipping agents. They use a day or two to give us the tracking numbers. All orders placed ships same or following day."

I understand they do not want me requesting tracking details but I would appreciate them at some point, after 5 days I emailed them asking if they could look into it as I still had not received them which I have had no reply. I presume they are just having teething problems & was curious if Iuan received any details.

I will certainly update when it arrives which I am confident/hopeful will be soon.
The way how should work and how works is two different things...zero quality control makes the stuffz cheap there...and quality control not for the products only...quality of the ordering/logistics process as well...

For example: the HK Tricopter frame (78 USD) was out of stock yesterday for the international warehouse...in the morning it was instock again for 199 USD...ehhe.. but at the NL warehouse is still stock for 88 USD...

But I skipped it because of the cheasy motor mounts...those make the whole thing crap..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmtl View Post
same here and even worst...
I got the tracking # with CN on 19 Feb and still show nothing in their tracking system yet
Hopefully after few days you will get some status...I have got the tracking number on 14th....and the Chinese Post accepted the item on 19th... (whatta hack was happened for 5 days??? ) and sent abroad on 24th...(...another misterious 5 days of nothing...)

So be patient...I just hope this micro quad will be significant better than my H36..if not, I will instant sell it...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:31 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
I'm beginning to like the Qbot

I can't believe I'm still the only guy with a Qbot. The wind is only about 10 mph and the sun is out....le't go fly!

I took the Qbot to the backyard and had a very good time. I flew mostly on 100 dual with 10 expo. I have another 60/10 on my DX7, but I found that I could handle the 100/10 in my backyard. It really scoots and goes where you point it. It makes some beautiful funnels and the banked turns make me think "pylon racer."

I got some altitude and while still gaining, I flipped the gear switch and then hit elevator. WOW! We're talking instant flip in about a 6 inch diameter. Since I was climbing, it came out of the flip without losing altitutde and continued to go up, up and away. I found very quickly that you have to turn the gear off, or you get another flip as soon as you touch the elevator. Maybe with practice, I can get flips without gaining altitude. My slow fingers almost let it get too high before I could flip the gear off, and bring it back home.

I still question the accelerometers. I am comparing it to my several V202's. Once you get off the elevator, the V202 comes to a pretty quick stop. Not so with the Qbot. You have to apply some reverse throw to stop movement. For outside flying, this was no real issue, but I've busted about 4 props inside while trying to tame the beast indoors. I think I'll just keep my Hubsan X4's for indoors.

All in all, I think I'll like it when I "have a need for speed".

Hope some of you guys get yours soon so you can post your thoughts, and maybe someone can help me figure out the accelerometer. I think I'll try it in helicopter mode to soften the throttle curve. (or maybe try some other tricks with the radio)There's bound to be a way to tame the beast.
Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City (with 12 inches of snow)
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:09 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50 View Post
I still question the accelerometers. I am comparing it to my several V202's. Once you get off the elevator, the V202 comes to a pretty quick stop. Not so with the Qbot. You have to apply some reverse throw to stop movement.
So it doesn't autolevel? Really?
HOORAY!
Quote:
For outside flying, this was no real issue, but I've busted about 4 props inside while trying to tame the beast indoors.
This is a feature, not an issue. THIS makes it a really cheap CP trainer (after the MQX that costs 5 times as much)
Now I really can't wait for the postman.....
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:12 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,448 Posts
I was thinking the same (for me). It might be a deal breaker for my dad though (he's 85).
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:16 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
938 Posts
Thats quite interesting Swilson, I have only ever flown a v202 quad & found it acts as you described, like a 45' flybarred FP heli. You cant really bank & crank like you would with fixed wing aircraft or a cp heli & have to push it through banked turns.
I suppose hisky have come from making flybarless cp (& now fp) helis so this quad may be programmed a little more like a flybarless system & hold attitude until commanded otherwise.

Im even more intrigued now.
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:18 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,351 Posts
Thanks for the report Swilson! And when you go forward and pull back the elevator, how quick "turn" it back?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:56 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
quickly

It responds quickly enought that I get a pendulum with overcorrection indoors. Outdoors, with space, It seemed to be just fine. I just hate slamming into walls, chairs, tv etc.
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,351 Posts
Quote:
It responds quickly enought that I get a pendulum with overcorrection indoors. Outdoors, with space, It seemed to be just fine. I just hate slamming into walls, chairs, tv etc.
Stan in Dodge City
Nice, because my problem is indoor is the slooow reaction speed....I mean going forward, pull back the elevator, and hit the window because of the slow "turning"...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:02 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:

I got some altitude and while still gaining, I flipped the gear switch and then hit elevator. WOW! We're talking instant flip in about a 6 inch diameter. Since I was climbing, it came out of the flip without losing altitutde and continued to go up, up and away. I found very quickly that you have to turn the gear off, or you get another flip as soon as you touch the elevator. Maybe with practice, I can get flips without gaining altitude. My slow fingers almost let it get too high before I could flip the gear off, and bring it back home.

I still question the accelerometers. I am comparing it to my several V202's. Once you get off the elevator, the V202 comes to a pretty quick stop. Not so with the Qbot. You have to apply some reverse throw to stop movement. For outside flying, this was no real issue, but I've busted about 4 props inside while trying to tame the beast indoors. I think I'll just keep my Hubsan X4's for indoors.
Have you tried a "manual" flip?: Not touching the gear switch, go up pretty high, give it full aileron and elevator* in some direction until it rotates 360 degrees. Then stop the rotation and recover (the tricky part for me).

*While inverted, lower the throttle a little.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:05 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
So it doesn't autolevel? Really?
HOORAY!

This is a feature, not an issue. THIS makes it a really cheap CP trainer (after the MQX that costs 5 times as much)
Besides an mQx, you could also use a Walkera Ladybug (need a Devo Tx) or a 9 Eagles Alien/Helimax 1SQ (need to get a General/Any Link module).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:47 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,245 Posts
Ok, not auto leveling makes me excited for this quad. Finally. Though I'll await for more people's review.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:26 PM
Air Bender
Joined Jan 2013
102 Posts
My thumbs do the auto leveling :?)
bmilla39 is offline Find More Posts by bmilla39
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:34 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Besides an mQx, you could also use a Walkera Ladybug (need a Devo Tx) or a 9 Eagles Alien/Helimax 1SQ (need to get a General/Any Link module).
Oh yes, you are right. I forgot to mention, because not owning these models
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:56 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,087 Posts
Back to the tracking issue from BG. I have not had one sent.
I have only found out that they, BG have a UK warehouse.
Now that could be useful if true.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:10 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Back to the tracking issue from BG. I have not had one sent.
I have only found out that they, BG have a UK warehouse.
Now that could be useful if true.
I didn't have the tracking number, but the item has arrived... I think this issue could be because of the "post" Chinese New Year rush...