SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:46 AM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,072 Posts
I just had to do some more testing

I just had to do some more testing of the QBot. I am self employed, but I have to work this weekend (in my basement). After 2 hours or slaving on the computer, I NEEDED a break.

So, I decided to do some more testing. I am flying with 40% expo and 60% throw. I found that anything else is more than my family room can take.

RESPONSE. It almost responds to ALL throws before you move the stick. We're talking nano-second delay. ESPECIALLY THE THROTTLE. The instructions say to bind it as an aircraft, not helicopter. I may try helicopter so I can adjust the throttle curve for indoor flying. It's in the ceiling before you know it.

YES IT WILL AUTO FLIP WHEN YOU FLIP THE GEAR SWITCH. I found that with my 40/60, it flips too quickly. Almost 1/8 throw on elevator or aileron. Result..even though the blades seem very flexible, my first "accidental" flip resulted in losing the tips of 3 blades. (they include one xtra set).

LIGHTING...It doesn't have external lights but the led that indicates that it is bound shines through the canopy well enough to help with indoor orientation.

NO LANDING BUMPERS. It really slams down when you drop the throttle and there are no rubber bumpers. I've got some sticky foam bumpers that I use on the hubsan which will easily install on the bottom of the motor pods.

OUTSIDE..At this point, it is more than I can handle indoors (I love my hubsan for idoors) I went to the front yard..even though we still have 12 inches of snow, I cleared the driveway (heli landing pad) yesterday. I did some simple figure 8's and ovals and it did great on both my 60/40 and I flipped the dual rate to 100% and it really scoots. ......flip test....On the 60/40, it did two elevator flips before I could get the stick back to mid-stick. ....It looses a little altitude, but not much. I suggest at least 20 feet. The problem is getting it to stop flipping. Fortunately, it landed inverted in the snow. I flipped to 100% throw and the flips didn't seem to occur so early in stick movement. Again, two flips for the price of one....and one to spare. After the two flips, I tried to neutralize it, and it flipped in reverse. ...so...as soon as the flip is over, flip the gear switch so you can level out and resume normal flight.

I am sure that I will be able to fine tune it and get it more under control, but it's definitely like FLYING A TIGER BY THE TAIL.

Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:06 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50 View Post
...I love my hubsan for idoors...
Thanks mate for the detailed report! Whatta fortune that you have a Hubsan X4 as well..compared to it how do you feel the QBOT?

Cheers,
B.
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Last edited by bulesz; Feb 23, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,659 Posts
Nice. First reports of the QBot.

I like the fact that the gear switch puts the quad into flipping mode. And the ability to do back to back flips.

Wonder if the quad in NonFlip mode will be able to do a manual flip like the mQX? That's one of the thing that the HobbyKing description says, but is yet to be tested.

As for the response. I think your description of nanosecond delays is a positive thing? Make it less toy like with the dumbing down of the sticks like some of the other quad clones on the market.

BTW, noticed that HK has the quad on backorder for $35. That's $10 less than when it debut at. ($45)
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:49 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Nice. First reports of the QBot.

I like the fact that the gear switch puts the quad into flipping mode. And the ability to do back to back flips.

Wonder if the quad in NonFlip mode will be able to do a manual flip like the mQX? That's one of the thing that the HobbyKing description says, but is yet to be tested.

As for the response. I think your description of nanosecond delays is a positive thing? Make it less toy like with the dumbing down of the sticks like some of the other quad clones on the market.

BTW, noticed that HK has the quad on backorder for $35. That's $10 less than when it debut at. ($45)
Yes, the flipping/non flipping mode would be nice...spec if we could use 100% rates with 120%ep with non flipping mode...

Mate, the price was 35 when launched...I have ordered on the first day for 35+10 shipping.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:02 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,659 Posts
"Would be?"

The first report says there is such a mode. Bound to the gear switch.

Re: Price...I stand corrected. I think the unpaid order in my HK cart includes the $10 shipping as well.

Right now, with the BNF v922 available from BangGood for $67, thus it's a good incentive to pick up the micro Q-bot now since the mQbot 2.4ghz
module will be able to control both.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:11 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,072 Posts
just try to read the manual

The Chenglish for the Qbot is terrible. One statement is "open the tranmitter first and then the Qbot." I "assume" that open means turn on? There are lots of similar translation goofs. It also does aileron flips..I did one before coming back in. I also found the battery cage very, very tight. Maybe a little monocote iron stretching is in order.
Swilson50
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
Hi!

I ordered a Qbot micro and some accessories when the qbot had went on backorder on HK. I chatted with their support yesterday, and they basically said it might take a month or more, before they get more into stock.

Does anyone have experience of this? I've already waited 2 weeks ( I know there was the chinese new year) - but still a month more..?

I'm thinking about canceling my order and buy a HiSky FF120 from Hobby Europe instead....
iuan is offline Find More Posts by iuan
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,659 Posts
Just placed my order at HobbyKing. Now the wait begins. Nobody knows when they'll get it back in stock. The Chinese New year holiday didn't help much.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:41 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,480 Posts
I put my email in with Hobby King to be notified when they're back in stock.

I don't have the patience to commit my money on a wait list
ruzam is online now Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:51 AM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
I cancelled my order and ordered the Hisky FF120 from hobby europe insted. Let's see if their promised delivery time of 3-10 days holds. Now I'll get their transmitter anyways, and I'll order the HT8 separately if it'll add value to use a "real" transmitter.
iuan is offline Find More Posts by iuan
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:29 AM
Medan , Indonesia
Joined Jul 2009
183 Posts
can it work with Aurora 9 ?
atari7up is offline Find More Posts by atari7up
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:03 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuan View Post
I cancelled my order and ordered the Hisky FF120 from hobby europe insted.
Did you get a tracking number from hobbyeurope?

3-10 days might be a bit optimistic. I also ordered the ff120 from them & used the HK EMS option, ordered on 15th feb, website says it shipped on 18th, so I am 8 days since shipping now without even any tracking details let alone the quad lol.

He was very quick to respond to pre-sales inquiries but I have had no response as of late when requesting the tracking details.
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:20 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
Did you get a tracking number from hobbyeurope?

3-10 days might be a bit optimistic. I also ordered the ff120 from them & used the HK EMS option, ordered on 15th feb, website says it shipped on 18th, so I am 8 days since shipping now without even any tracking details let alone the quad lol.

He was very quick to respond to pre-sales inquiries but I have had no response as of late when requesting the tracking details.
ehh...bad carma... they might be thinking about 3-10 working days... ?

I have shipping trouble with Hobby King, I mean ordered on 6th of Feb, sent from the warehouse on 14th of Feb (chinese new year, no prob, I understand)...Item accepted on 19th of Feb...sent abroad on 24th of Feb (whatta fkkk!!)...so I could get it on next week...5-6th of March....30 days...a little too mucho..

So beware if they send something with CN tracking number, that will be on the "snail express"...
The HK (Hong Kong post) is acceptable...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:38 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,036 Posts
Sorry I didnt mean to sound so blunt & now long winded lol, my last banggood order took around 3 weeks to arrive so if hobbyeurope have indeed sent it by HK EMS I am sure it will be here a bit quicker.

I have always avoided hobbyking's china warehouse because of the high shipping costs & the numerous tales of bad experiences with long shipping times. With that in mind hobbyeurope have decent prices on some stuff, promise to dispatch quick (which they apparently did, it took 3 days because I ordered just before the weekend) & decent shipping costs with HK EMS so they got my sale

they say "parcels will take from 3-10 days to reach any customer on the planet."
I meant by my comment I would not hold them to that as its not really in their control & 10 days may be optimistic, all hobbyeurope can do is use a decent carrier which they apparently do.

On their contact us page
"There is no need in asking for tracking numbers. These will be sent customers by email, usually two to three days after shipping. This is due to the use of Chinese shipping agents. They use a day or two to give us the tracking numbers. All orders placed ships same or following day."

I understand they do not want me requesting tracking details but I would appreciate them at some point, after 5 days I emailed them asking if they could look into it as I still had not received them which I have had no reply. I presume they are just having teething problems & was curious if Iuan received any details.

I will certainly update when it arrives which I am confident/hopeful will be soon.
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM
Joined Mar 2004
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
ehh...bad carma... they might be thinking about 3-10 working days... ?

I have shipping trouble with Hobby King, I mean ordered on 6th of Feb, sent from the warehouse on 14th of Feb (chinese new year, no prob, I understand)...Item accepted on 19th of Feb...sent abroad on 24th of Feb (whatta fkkk!!)...so I could get it on next week...5-6th of March....30 days...a little too mucho..

So beware if they send something with CN tracking number, that will be on the "snail express"...
The HK (Hong Kong post) is acceptable...
same here and even worst...
I got the tracking # with CN on 19 Feb and still show nothing in their tracking system yet
rcmtl is offline Find More Posts by rcmtl