SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:34 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
Ive just ordered one, I have the little wingwing kitted out with osd, uhf rx etc and really love it.
I also have a Z2, I dont think this will be on the same page for performance in std form but Im thinking it will fly nicely and for a long time.
Be interested to see the airfoil they have used, the little one has a very lifty undercambered wing.
Nice! Let us know how it goes.
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:46 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2007
2,533 Posts
wow these things are hot.... i just placed my order for one.

7 left. More than 10+ yesterday.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:31 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
No having to cut out loads of holes and slots for batteries and gear, that's my favourite part
well since this is an FPV forum I have to beg to differ. Ideally should still be cutting out holes for certain 'gear'. Ideal to mount the UHF and vTX stuff way out on the wing to maximize separation. Maybe not for batteries, but then maybe yes for batteries if you want power / speed / endurance.

and yet, cutting holes and slots in any foam plane is dead easy anyways

I would still laminate this wing to make it real tough
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:53 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,380 Posts
I used to cut holes with a knife, but now I'm using my soldering gun. Just use electrical wire, form it in the shape you want to remove, connect in the gun and go. Very easy and fast. Don't smell the fumes. You can do pretty nice cuts following the side of an aluminum ruler.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 Carguy FPV year
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
well since this is an FPV forum I have to beg to differ. Ideally should still be cutting out holes for certain 'gear'. Ideal to mount the UHF and vTX stuff way out on the wing to maximize separation. Maybe not for batteries, but then maybe yes for batteries if you want power / speed / endurance.

and yet, cutting holes and slots in any foam plane is dead easy anyways

I would still laminate this wing to make it real tough
Remember, we don't all use UHF and want to fly 200 miles away (I have a car for that distance )

I'm happy with 2.4 control and 5.8 video for the vast majority of things
I have a UHF system but it's confined to my Super Skysurfer, this one I'd use my 2.4 with a 1w booster if I wanted more than 2km

Yes, I'd kit it out with a Cylops Storm, 2.4 Futaba and 5.8 Foxtech, maybe 2 x 2200mah, standard motor and prop, all to try and float as much as possible
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:44 PM
milwaukee wi usa
Joined Nov 2000
202 Posts
hmmmm...about to add one of these to my fleet. im curious why they call for a 3s/ 900kv motor w/9" prop. with that combination, doesn't that sound low in the KV department??
ty
rbt!
rbtgold is offline Find More Posts by rbtgold
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:13 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,106 Posts
I'm going to try and run it on 3s first but will propably end up on 4s and prop to suit , if its no good I have other motors to try.

Here is my little wing... 1.2Tx with monopole and ezlite rx with dipole are out in wings.
GPS is in the sidewall rear of bay, tiny3 osd in front.
This pic was before battery Velcro went in.
I'm going to use the exact same setup in the big one. Maybe just add a spw antenna and vid reg if I go 4s.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by NutBag; Feb 07, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtgold View Post
hmmmm...about to add one of these to my fleet. im curious why they call for a 3s/ 900kv motor w/9" prop. with that combination, doesn't that sound low in the KV department??
ty
rbt!
It's designed for slow floating flight and duration in the air not for fast sporty flight

If you want to make it faster you'd best buy the kit version and chose your own power set up accordingly
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:55 PM
Joined Apr 2011
76 Posts
I placed order, this wing is very nice, i hope i wil get it until end of february, to finish until spring comes.
djbojan is offline Find More Posts by djbojan
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:22 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2007
2,533 Posts
placed my order earlier for EMS speedy shipping. Im also hoping to get mine sometime in end of february with the chinese new year considered.

I have a 2830 1800kv NTM motor i'd like to use. We'll see.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:08 PM
Head full of foam
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Are wings like this to hard for newbs?

I Like the duration and slow flight but maybe I should start with something more traditional?

Thanks.
RuralFPV is offline Find More Posts by RuralFPV
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:11 PM
FPV Pilot
Joined Sep 2007
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralFPV View Post
Are wings like this to hard for newbs?

I Like the duration and slow flight but maybe I should start with something more traditional?

Thanks.
Ya u should look into the sky surfer or bixler.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:16 PM
Head full of foam
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Will do, thanks for the suggestions.
RuralFPV is offline Find More Posts by RuralFPV
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:25 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
667 Posts
Can someone help my unlogical brain, if I buy a folding prop set, to convert to pusher I'd just unscrew the props and switch 180 degrees?
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:00 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,106 Posts
That's it bud, the front of the prop still faces the front of the plane.
The motor will run the opp direction but the prop still spins the same rotation direction as it would if on the front.
When standing behind model looking towards nose the prop rotates Clockwise.

Be aware some prop/hub/spinner combos do not like being reversed. Aeronaut and graupner are usually the best choice.
A folder is nice but not really needed on a wing like this, they have to be checked a lot as they wear and from experience the last thing you want is a thrown blade.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member