HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:09 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Question
Receiver / Transmitter recommendation?

Hello, I just bought a ParkZone Icon A5 and need some help picking a receiver and transmitter and battery for it. I dont want anything super expensive but I also dont want garbage. I am hoping to mount a GoPro to the Icon A5 and use it for some video on my next vacation. Thank you!
thejvc is offline Find More Posts by thejvc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:20 PM
Dixie Sky Devils AMA# 1015548
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Oct 2012
1,131 Posts
Do you plan to expand and buy more planes in the future? and do you want 1 Tx that you can use on multiple planes? or do you just want Tx for Icon A5? Spektrum is my choice if you want quality, a Dx5e is a good unit but only supports one model at a time and you have to rebind to use on another model, they cost around 60$. The Dx6I has a 10 model memory, you can store up to 10 planes on it. cost around 160$ Tx only. I have the Dx8 with 30 model memory! and I Love it! but it cost about 400$ Spektrum is the way to go...
tupeloflyer is offline Find More Posts by tupeloflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig New ARF 4 Star 64
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:22 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,291 Posts
and then there us cheap guys Turnigy9x V2 stock 10 plane memory,$64.00 and the RX,s are about $12 flying 9 planes with it and zero problems.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:51 PM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,067 Posts
From a newbie....I went to my local hobby shop (LHS) after lurking here for a while and bought a cheap gamer sim controller, downloaded some flight sim demos and then went back and asked for the best bang for the buck Tx . The LHS tech recommended the Spektrum DX6i which I bought and a BNF Mini Vapor to learn on. No regrets. I'm learning, flying and building dollar tree foamies. Welcome aboard!

Steve
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:21 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,045 Posts
I like Spektrum too, but don't discount the 9X as a pretty good option (if you can get it). In UK it's not so widely available unless paying a massive shipping cost. I am still thinking it would be a good second set (with my DX8) as there are aparently loads of 'techy' things you can do like re-programming and downloading new or different firmware. Sounds like you can have the lot then If you are looking to get the only TX you will ever need, make sure it's a computerized set so you have all the wing options and multiple model memory.
RWData is online now Find More Posts by RWData