Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:35 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
You sound like you work for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by uavhollywood View Post
microdrones posted this pic today:

they wrote: "Boxes are getting bigger at microdrones... see what's inside next week in Abu Dhabi."

seems like the source was right!
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:58 AM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
[QUOTE=skizziks;24066251]You are looking at 1/8 of the picture behind multi rotor science....First of all when you lower the KV of a motor you also have to increase the size of the props...You need more amps to turn a larger prop with much more pitch....This also means you need larger ESCs to push larger props and that will mean extra weight....The ship you are talking about is a quad wich means it will have less stability and even less stability if you descend the quad through its own vortex....

actually everybody else is looking at 1/8 of the picture by telling me only because it has 8 rotors it has to be better. you are very right by pointing out that there is a lot more to it. increasing the size of rotors doesnt always mean that it is bad. if you have everything perfectly tuned in you can get a better weight-lift-amp ratio. that seems to be the case with microdrones.
decending through vortex is never a brilliant idea....wouldnt you agree?
whatever perfect copter you may build.....it will never be that stable nor vibration free that you can loose a gimbal. at least not for decent picture quality that is!
so what good does it do to increase slightly the stability in cost of endurance.
perfect example ist the masai mara video shot with a micodrone. maybe the drone was shaking all over the place....who cares..... it delivered the best aerial footage of big game wildlife ever shot with a drohne. at least in my opinion!

it seems to me that a lot of people think that the more rotors the thing has the better it must be!
with the current technology evrything is pretty much maxed out, going this direction! where are all the 16 rotor copters......or 32!

if anybody doesnt want to spent a lot of money to buy those microdrones....then just dont! but why try to make it look like it is bad engineered.
in the film industry there are a lot of products that seem waaay overpriced. why do people or companies still buy it? a dolly for 200.000$, a tiny handheld monitor built into a pelicase for 8.000$. you see them all the time!

i am still very curios about this new drone from microdrones. it seems that it has a lot of new features the industrie needs.
uavhollywood is offline Find More Posts by uavhollywood
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:59 AM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
at this times i wish i would work fo dji!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:09 AM
Manual will not flyaway :D
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
3,071 Posts
Mate! Your asking for information but your also the only one giving information. Never become a spy! Do you wear a trenchcoat as well?

You obviously work for this company, and its really annoying that you pretend you don't.

I have a money saving idea for you. At least take the propellers off before shipping a 2 metre quad. The postman won't be so angry with you then!
ecks is online now Find More Posts by ecks
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:30 AM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
ok, sry i do work for them. i was trying to talk you into buying one. or maybe 2. i am the representative for california. you just think whatever you want to. like i care.

the only annoying thing is how some cant see the obvious!

i am very glad about the links some posted. those products just dont fit our needs.

what about 20 minutes with the new red and a gimbal as fast as the z15. headtracking cam for the pilot. anolog downlink for the cam operator. hd downlink for the director.

i am waiting for this setup. whoever builds it first gets my money. somehow seeing this pic it looks like its gonna be microdrones. if we can afford it is another qustion.....this was my main question. how much is this thing gonna cost. someone estimated 100 k. i dont think i want to sell my ferrari to get this drone!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:41 AM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,571 Posts
This is a community of builders, enthusiasts and developers. I believe you are pitching to the wrong audience, not to mention violating forum rules by spaming.

I worked in the entertainment industry on both pre and post production sides, and know that sometimes studios are willing to drop lots of coin on things like this. As said above there are too many already established companies out there building superior products at cheaper prices and the productions are more likely to find companies with extensive reels and product lines that have been through numerous revisions already.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:47 AM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
my response was a zynical answer to a false statement.

I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. i dont want to pitch anything!

peope here getting very rude for nothing.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:51 AM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
since you sound like you know of something superior, would you mind to share that superior and cheaper product. a link would b wonderful.

thank you!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:34 AM
Manual will not flyaway :D
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
3,071 Posts
ok, maybe im overly suspisious. Have you tried emailing the company? if it is near to production and your willing to spend $$$'s on it, then you might be able to get some information
ecks is online now Find More Posts by ecks
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:04 AM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
i didnt email because i know someone who is on a projekt with them. i thought this is the best source he send me this pictures. he mentioned all the info. this little info and my imagination on the pic made me very curios, cause it looks promising.

i guess they will introduce it here: http://www.idexuae.ae/
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:06 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,307 Posts
Quote:
the only annoying thing is how some cant see the obvious!
Talking about the obvious:
- this drone isn't 2m in diameter, even pros don't measure the airframe size including the blades
- the landing gear isn't high enough to carry a large camera including a high tec 3 axis gimbal
- you obviously have more info on the matter than anybody else here. So ... what was your question again?

Need more info? Go there:
http://microdrones.de/company/microd...ntaktieren.php
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:50 PM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
nice how you define a pro by his way of measuring...hahaha! a pro could read that i never wrote the "airframe" is almost 2 meter in diameter.

you might be right with the landing gear. but looking at it the pro way. thats a simple swap.

well, it wasnt obviousl before i got any answers, now was it?

but thank you for pointing out that they arent pros!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:26 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,307 Posts
Now that you've spammed 3 different MR forums and got similar answers everywhere - already got your ticket for Abu Dhabi?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esevilaa View Post
Nice try!

But your card has expired!
Damnit... missus got to faster than I could!

Quote:
well they just posted on their facebook page that they gonna show something new on the abu dhabi convention. if they come out with this drone, then that is going to change the game. they def not targeting the little buyer who wants chinese parts and assemble it in the garage. the industry needs better standards. one should not compare a toyota yaris with a mercedes sls. both get you from a to b. price difference is huge though. one should see the different approaches and different ways they are going. a lot of you guys have probably never seen a microdrone in reality.
lets just wait for them to release more information about this new drone.
i want to hear the unicorn and photoshop professionals when they actually show this uav.
i trust my sorce and dont belive this is fake.
You may trust your source and microdrones may well release something new in Abu dhabi... but that picture is so badly edited.. it's hard for the rest of us to buy into your story. Just saying it like it is...
Kaen is offline Find More Posts by Kaen
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
I'd sell your Ferrari, too bad they are no longer as selective about who they sell to. From these posts, it seems you haven't done your research. The Masai Mara nature scene is obviously heavily edited as well. Don't pretend that's raw, 1st try footage, with an operator who built the quad yesterday. There is plenty from Cinestar and AV200 gimbals that is equal to that video in many ways. Why not contact the manufacturers directly in any case? Photohigher and Cinestar will both provide you with professional footage examples.
granooch is offline Find More Posts by granooch