HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:59 AM
In progress...
Estonia, Tartu County, Tartu
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
if it comes with a latvian lady ill pre-order now.
Why would You want a latvian lady, most of them have six toes

On-topic: Found this page:

http://www.microdrones.com/products/...nformation.php

88 min flight time...do they have like 50 000+ mAh of batteries on board..
Skewp is offline Find More Posts by Skewp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:42 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
this is hilarious. the Ausi microdrones dealer when I spoke to him last year wanted 60 K ( Yes, 60 thousand dollars ) for something that resembles a quad and lifts a small compact camera. apparently it flies for twice as long as a 1000 dollar unit that produces as good video using say a TPpacks AG600 gimbal and a F550 Hex. I had the choice of

1. 60 K USD for a "drone"

2. F550 and TPpacks and 2 batteries .

where do they get these prices from ???? and how much is the monster going to cost? if it comes with a latvian lady ill pre-order now.
Development cost
wizprod is online now Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:54 AM
Joined Feb 2013
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granted View Post
My imaginary quad will fly for two weeks on a full tank of pixie dreams and unicorn farts, plus it'll carry a camera, cameraman and director.

I call shenanigans.
SOLD!

Kaen is offline Find More Posts by Kaen
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:32 AM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,562 Posts
We built our Octo in a hobby store in Greenbrook N.J. with a budget of under $5,000....We built the entire frame from scratch with a co2 laser and a router...The owner of Skyvue also owns CNCZone the largest CNC forum on the net....Our pilot is also a licensed pilot and a 3D RC heli pilot....Our next project is an 800 sized Gasser helicopter...
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:47 AM
Manual will not flyaway :D
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
SOLD!

Nice try!

But your card has expired!
ecks is offline Find More Posts by ecks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: carbonecks 310mm
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:52 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,267 Posts
Quote:
Looks like poor photoshop skills to me. Shadows are missing or floating in mid air, L/G crooked and off center, etc...
That's exactly what I thought... bad Photoshopping.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I gots me a Goblin!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
well they just posted on their facebook page that they gonna show something new on the abu dhabi convention. if they come out with this drone, then that is going to change the game. they def not targeting the little buyer who wants chinese parts and assemble it in the garage. the industry needs better standards. one should not compare a toyota yaris with a mercedes sls. both get you from a to b. price difference is huge though. one should see the different approaches and different ways they are going. a lot of you guys have probably never seen a microdrone in reality.
lets just wait for them to release more information about this new drone.
i want to hear the unicorn and photoshop professionals when they actually show this uav.
i trust my sorce and dont belive this is fake.
uavhollywood is offline Find More Posts by uavhollywood
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:18 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,587 Posts
It sounds like you work for them. Well give us more information. How does this magic happen?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:23 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,587 Posts
Why has the picture been put through a photoshop filter?

Shadows are not real.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:25 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
837 Posts
yeah, and why would I or even a company with unlimited funds want to buy this thing for christ knows how many tens of thousands of dollars when DJI WKM waypoint and a decent frame like cinestar or droidworx and a zenmuse with produce WAY better video for about 10K. besides , as others have pointed out, QUADs only have 4 engines. I'd only fly with 6 or 8 incase one has a bad day. I bet they want 100 K for this. I bet they sell 2 of them.
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:25 PM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
this is being objective. like with the zenmuse z15. this is the most stable gimbal on the market. there is just no doubt about it. all the other gimbals are 3 axis too. but are they as stable as the z15. now 3000$ for a gimbal ist very expensive. you can get one for 300$. it will smoothen the pic too!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
its about statistics. take 100 cheap highspeed motors like mine in my s800 and then take 100 low rpm expensive ones and let them run for 50 hours. pobably 20 of the cheap ones will fail and my guess is that none or maybe 1 or 2 of the low rpm fail. that means statisticly you are btter of with a low rpm quad.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:40 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,562 Posts
You are looking at 1/8 of the picture behind multi rotor science....First of all when you lower the KV of a motor you also have to increase the size of the props...You need more amps to turn a larger prop with much more pitch....This also means you need larger ESCs to push larger props and that will mean extra weight....The ship you are talking about is a quad wich means it will have less stability and even less stability if you descend the quad through its own vortex....Here is a non FPV clip of our multi rotor taken by a local fireman...You will have to forward the clip to 5:48 to see the airship..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=N7ND_h-3-5Q#!
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:55 PM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
My imaginary quad will fly for two weeks on a full tank of pixie dreams and unicorn farts, plus it'll carry a camera, cameraman and director.

I call shenanigans.
LOL .. +10 .. good call amigo

hey hollywood .. get a 1,200mm Vulcan Octo frame and populate it to suit your needs. There are a couple videos on YouTube showing sustained multi-rotor flights of over 30 minutes .. pretty boring though imho

Cheers ..
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:20 PM
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
microdrones posted this pic today:

they wrote: "Boxes are getting bigger at microdrones... see what's inside next week in Abu Dhabi."

seems like the source was right!