HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2003, 02:19 AM
Joined Nov 2003
19 Posts
RTF B2 Stealth Bomber?!?!

Hi all..

Ive seen so many of these b2s ready to go around the net..

the ones on ebay (uk) are like 30 all in... how good are they..
others... like meegatech. wheeres the cheapest to get them from and how well do they fly..
or is there something better for the money?

Cheers
Alex
AlexD is offline Find More Posts by AlexD
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2003, 03:40 AM
Fast and low.
Carlisle, cumbria, UK.
Joined May 2003
158 Posts
In the UK they're about 60 from somewhere like Galexy Models, but if you pay twice that and buy something like an aerobird:
A) you'll be able to progress much easier
B) its a much better aircraft
and
C) it is of i much higher quality and duribility.
Balsa02 is offline Find More Posts by Balsa02
Old Jan 24, 2004, 07:19 AM
Joined Dec 2003
74 Posts
crap

junk! i crashed nose first from about 10ft. Broke into pieces! very flimsy!
ForeverNight is offline Find More Posts by ForeverNight
Old Jan 24, 2004, 09:52 AM
clever phrase here
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2002
2,850 Posts
i don't mean to bash megatech but, well, actually i do, the stuff is no good. i've thrown a brick that flew better than some of their stuff. no good, and definitely not for the newbies... not for anybody of any skill level. don't buy it, and don't recommend it to anyone you know. your friends will not talk to you any more. none of the electronic gear you get with their kits will work with anything else. i have a power system that weighs the same as one of their servos.

do the right thing. get a nice radio, flight pack, some good batteries, and maybe a gws kit.
Foam Crazy is offline Find More Posts by Foam Crazy
Old Jan 24, 2004, 12:26 PM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,666 Posts
I've flown the Megatech B-2.... a neighbor bought one despite my recommendation to stay away from Megatech.

His B-2 was extreamely tail heavy out of the box. After two bad crashes, we added about an ounce to the nose and I got a pretty good flight out of it.

It is NOT a begginer plane though, like most of their stuff that they say is. It flies more like a Zagi... except it's heavier and more fragile.

I agree with Foam Crazy in general. Don't give Megatech money. They are a horrible company that drives people away from our hobby.

Darren
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
Old Jan 24, 2004, 02:20 PM
next to Death Valley,Ca
Joined Jul 2003
33 Posts
The Megatech B2 is junk

I bought one months ago for $200 dollars. After five attempts to launch it and five crashes it's a pile of broken pieces. Megatech advertises it as perfect for beginners. Obviously they're out to make some fast,easy money and in the process giving the industry a bad reputation.
Tinfoil is offline Find More Posts by Tinfoil