HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:15 PM
Chula Vista, California
Joined Jan 2004
70 Posts
Discussion
New Off -Road track in Chula Vista, California, "May lead to an asphalt track..."

Hi All,

I'm normally on the RC Motorcycle forum. But, this thread is for all on road RC vehicles. So, I wanted to post it here and get the discussion started through out all road running RC'ers!!!

(below is the text I posted in RCMoto forum)

It's been a few years since I've been on here... I've been concentrating on other products for Brazimoto... (still have a bike in my mind to build one day, on the bucket list...)

However, I still keep an eye on what's going on in the RCMoto hobby, industry, and local rc culture.

I had an idea to build a track in South Chula Vista, San Diego County... Went to the local city planners and asked about property near the wrecking yards off Main street. But, it came back that the property had been in some kind of court arbitration... So, I hit a wall and stopped the research. This was in 2007-08...

In comes 2012-13 and what do I see on the other side of the road...?

An RC track!!!

This is rather interesting to me as I had been researching property in South Chula Vista area near a water park and concert arena for a few years... Well, I was down in the area last week and well someone got it done... and now there's a really nice rc club/track located on just the opposite side of the road where I had been thinking of building one; http://www.cvrcraceclub.com/ membership pays for the lease and up keep and electricity, etc...

O.K. on to the reason why I'm posting this. After seeing the place, it was closed, I went to their website and sent an email asking "if there was an asphalt track as well as the dirt track...?" He responded by saying "No, but, if you gather up (I'm thinking a petition...) enough people together..." We could show the property owner that there's enough people interested in using the facility and maintaining it and so forth... It could get done!
By the way I did visit the track on a Saturday and it was packed with about 80-90 people there! I was impressed with the order of the place and the attention to details and how well it was all built and protected by a nice high barbed wire fence... So, when I went there I began talking to a few of the guys, they were very friendly and open to ideas... One even stated after I shared that I'm into RC Motorcycles that he owned one...! Other's said they also own RC Road cars as well...

Another interesting fact is that one of the guys told me the owner of the property owns an "asphalt" business... go figure! I think that with this moto forum and the on road car guys it can get done and a really cool "permanent" track could be built...! Let's get involved! I know many of you aren't in San Diego County. But, if you include your name it would help us locals have a place and then we would help you in your area get it done when the time comes...

And if this thread can be circulated to the on road car guys that would be great!

I anticipate your responses!

Erik
BRAZIMOTO is offline Find More Posts by BRAZIMOTO
to remove ads between posts