HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:57 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Build Log
Robbe BAe 146-100 / Avro RJ70 - complete rebuild!

Hi folks,

since my A319 is on the edge of being airworthy id like to introduce my new project - a Robbe BAe 146-100 or Avro RJ70.
This has become a very rare model so I see myself lucky to own one.

The model will be powered by 4 Freewing 70mm EDF driven by th450 brushless outrunners. Each unit is supposed to deliver 900g of thrust at roughly 500 watts. The AUW id like to realize will be around 4kg which will give a very strong thrust/weight ratio 1:1.1 !
The RJ will also get flaps and retracts. If the weight is lower than expected i will also take a lighting system into consideration...

First of all i would like to show some photos of todays condition. I did start a couple of months before with the engine nacelles and the wing, so there is some progress already. But there is still a LOT to do!
Also, this build will have a very slow rate of status updates - this is a long-term project. After all this is a very rare model so it needs the right amount of attention and time to not mess it up.
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
Last edited by Andre Kochanski; Feb 05, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:14 PM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,402 Posts
awsome subbed
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:28 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,339 Posts
Andre you making Ming-Windrider jealous! LOL
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:32 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,695 Posts
Very nice
SUBBED!!!
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:10 PM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Yep... Me too... That really is beautiful work Andre.

Cheers
Joe
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:47 AM
Joined Aug 2008
203 Posts
So nice Andre,
always wanted one of these.
Avro rocks..
Markus
carrerars is offline Find More Posts by carrerars
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:54 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,656 Posts
Wow, again nice work.
Man I wish I were as fast at building as some of you guys...

Cheers,
Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:57 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Thanks everyone, i was thinking that you might like it

@demon, I hope so! Ming is developing great products and has a sense for shapes and scale designs. And if i could make him jealous it would be an honor

@carrerars, I wanted one since i saw it hanging at the local hobby shop here in dortmund. the problem at that time was the money and the NiXX batteries together with the rather mediocre EDFs...but today things changed - i got the money, the lipos and better engines. Maybe you find another one - then we could team up

Viele Gre

BTW: these are some of the possible liveries:
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:20 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
829 Posts
Subbed
jdlilfan is online now Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:47 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Ming really needs to do a 70mm version of this plane. it would sell, since this model is in such high demand and virtually no availability. he would actually sell them like hotcakes.

deffinitely subbed to this build. looks awesome so far.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:48 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
home made main retracts are easy to make if you are going that route.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:18 AM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Rich, you are absolutely right! Id rather have another plane from windrider though...if he does the rj, i would have paid a lot more for my version 270 just for the foam parts with rojet EDFs and brushed motors is quite an amount.

Maybe if Ming got the licensing from airbus as well (and it didnt seem so because of the A380-issue) there would be the models i like I dont have anything against Boeing, i just like the Buses more because of the company history and the european cooperation - after all airbus is one of the best examples for a future united european state.
Anyhow this goes too far for this thread i think

Retracts: I have seen the pictures of the self-made brass tube version. really the best possibility regarding stress distribution. i bought some retracts from HK already, so i think im just gonna use them instead. There will be some problems regarding building space so thats what i will focus on when rebuilding the fuselage.
But it will be real fun to modify it, as it was till today
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:34 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
ouch, that is a lot of money for foam and fans/motors. they are in such short supply that people are willing to pay whatever is being asked.

I had read that someone wanted to purchase the molds for the 146 and that Robbe had wanted to sell them to the potential buyer. but when they searched for them, it appears that the fuselage mold has been lost or stolen. not sure if that's correct, but I seem to remember reading that on a European website.

guess we'll have to wait for Ming..........................Ming, are you reading this? we want an RJ/146, 70mm foamie.

Rich
Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:48 PM
MULTI ENGINE FANACTIC
SAO PAULO,S.P.,BRAZIL
Joined Dec 2000
547 Posts
fOLLOWING.

I have one Robbe Bae 146 fully assembled, in LAN Chile colors, very beautifull, NEVER FLOWN due to divorce and subsequent mass...

Planning sell it or change to brushless also.
CESARNOGUEIRA is offline Find More Posts by CESARNOGUEIRA
Old Nov 24, 2013, 06:40 AM
WheelsUp
Conroe, TX
Joined Sep 2004
21 Posts
Robbe BAe146 in Ebay December 2013

Well, tough times calls for tough decisions...I'm selling my Robbe 146 next month. I will be taking pictures of all the parts and box condition. No assembly started yet. It makes me want to cry, but I have to do it. Probably 1st week of december.
WheelsUp is offline Find More Posts by WheelsUp