SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:41 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hatfield
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
x525 with KK board won't work

I know this subjects repeats here ,but I tried everything and my kk board just won't arm and esc just beep every second or so. I followed that tutorial http://rcexplorer.se/educational/201...r-setup-guide/ and in every setup there is no change,ESC just beep the same way. I flashed board with different softwares but still no luck. I think the problem lays with ESC but they work OK when conected directly to receiver. I bought programming card but I can't change anything on it. Link to video what happens
Skywalker-20A won't program (0 min 37 sec)
banasiakis is offline Find More Posts by banasiakis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:12 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,734 Posts
Arming could be a number of things:

a) Set to Aeroplane mode.
b) Centre all Sub Trims
c) Centre all trims
d) Put throttle trim to minimum (all the way down)
e) Do not set dual rates - leave all rates at 100%
f) Set end point adjust (travel) to 100%
g) Use Expo as required

Arming direction with rudder (yaw) could be in either direction.

Not sure about the programming card. I thought you had to power the ESC via the second servo connector on the card.
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:50 AM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=manual try the stick centering setup instructions and throttle range calibration i have the same quad bought from goodluckbuy with kk 5.5 took a bit of fiddling but works great once you setup the board properly
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Thanks Steveis and turbored21 for your replies.
Steveis im using Turnigy 9x I'll attach pictures with my set up so you can double check if got it right
a)I tried using airplane and heli mode
b)centred all subtrims
c)centred all trims
d)throttle to minimum
e)not sure hot to set that
f)end points set to 100%
g) not sure about that either
Tried all directin of rudder/yaw still no luck,

turbored21 I saw that tutorial fallowed every step ,board will not arm,what I hear is just single beeps
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:23 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
Dunno if its any use but mine would not arm and had to mess about with the pots on the board, got it armed then turned one of the pots to adjust flight characteristics and it would'nt arm again! So messed with the pots AGAIN!! to try and work out a logical procedure but just could not find any set routeen, after an hour of cursing and swearing and nearly giving up, hey presto it armed!! since then its been flying great and I hav'ent touched the pots!

All I managed to work out was that it was something to do with swinging one of the pots right round to zero that seem to reset it.

Hope this helps in some way!!
ripmax is offline Find More Posts by ripmax
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:35 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,734 Posts
Have you checked your cables between your receiver and flight controller to make sure they are connected correctly?
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:45 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
I played with pots but there is no change, I remember when I bought it and adjusted pots there was a difference in beeps but now whatever I change there is alsways same constant beep every second or so. I'm sure cables are conected correctly I followed this tutorial,http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1633259 that guy has exactly same transmitter and receiver and I binded it as well
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:05 AM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
the cables between the rx and FC could be crappy check them out.... change them out see what happens we have gone through everything else might as well spend 5$ and change them all out
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21