Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:43 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Dec 2003
180 Posts
Yippee!
Repsol Fairing

Fun project.
Ifly_65 is offline Find More Posts by Ifly_65
Last edited by Ifly_65; Feb 04, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:14 PM
México, SLP, San Luis Potosí
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
Nice Job Man! sell me one for my GPV-1!
HECTOR2369 is offline Find More Posts by HECTOR2369
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:31 AM
Joined Dec 2003
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECTOR2369 View Post
Nice Job Man! sell me one for my GPV-1!
Thanks Hector! I wouldnt mind selling you one. Im no pro so they arent perfect. The only problem is it takes me over 30 hours to do one so far. Let me think about how to cut the cost and time down.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:07 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
That is a very good job considering it's all done by hand... Actually that came out wrong...

It's a very good job.

And considering its done by hand is that much more impressive, I do mine the cheats way, I use a vinyl plotter to cut all the decals and numbers, now I need to get myself an airbrush so I can save on paint costs, but mainly so I can mix colours to get them more accurate... Which begs the question... What is the orange colour you have used, it's just right for repsol bike...

But as you say... It takes a lot of time eh..?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Dec 2003
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
That is a very good job considering it's all done by hand... Actually that came out wrong...

It's a very good job.

And considering its done by hand is that much more impressive, I do mine the cheats way, I use a vinyl plotter to cut all the decals and numbers, now I need to get myself an airbrush so I can save on paint costs, but mainly so I can mix colours to get them more accurate... Which begs the question... What is the orange colour you have used, it's just right for repsol bike...

But as you say... It takes a lot of time eh..?
Hi Lukey, thanks! The orange came out a bit darker than I thought it would so thats good news. Its Testors Pactra Competition Orange RC256.

Thats what I want to do next. I need to learn how to make decals and stencils from a printer.

James
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:34 PM
México, SLP, San Luis Potosí
Joined Mar 2011
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifly_65 View Post
Thanks Hector! I wouldnt mind selling you one. Im no pro so they arent perfect. The only problem is it takes me over 30 hours to do one so far. Let me think about how to cut the cost and time down.
Don`t worry lfly..I thank you..but is not necessary to make you work for a second one!

I appreciate your response.

And I also forget congratulate you for your GPV-1 It is amazing!..I see you did many exellent upgrades..
HECTOR2369 is offline Find More Posts by HECTOR2369
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:47 AM
Joined Dec 2003
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECTOR2369 View Post
Don`t worry lfly..I thank you..but is not necessary to make you work for a second one!

I appreciate your response.

And I also forget congratulate you for your GPV-1 It is amazing!..I see you did many exellent upgrades..
Thanks Hector. It runs great. The ZH wheels and sprocket really make it smooth. I actually like this bike more than my ZH 201b.

I am currently building another GPV-1 just like it!

I dont remember helis being this much fun to buy or build.